Of Quirky Conversations and Unexpected Bonds (Reggie Pov)

Start from the beginning

"Or maybe Gilly weed ice cream drown your sorrows." We looked to each other holding the others' eye before we both broke out laughing, mine being rather resigned and hers was carefree and radiated pure joy. I added the jubilberries and the pinch of powdered laughterroot. "What about Gilly weed sushi?" she asked, adding bubble berries making the grey potion turn into a shimmering rainbow. "Would the stuff inside be Gilly weed or would it be Gilly weed instead of seaweed?"

She licked a spoon full of the potion and laughed as she said, "the second one." bubbles erupted from the cauldron and when you popped it a sweet sent filled the air. (We made the potion right.) "i think it would just be really bad sushi." she laughed as she took another spoonfull "like would the filling be made of Grindylows and Leviathan?"

"Yes, with a Dittany reduction on top."

We both laughed once again, and she took another sip of the potion "you know you really shouldn't eat that." I said as the potion continued to bubble.

"Then why does it taste so good? Try some." She lifted a spoonful an inch away from my mouth.

I eyed her questingly as I took the spoon "What are the side effects?"

She laughed and said "Who cares?"

"Me, and you should probably care as well."

She lifted another spoon with rainbow liquid to her lips and said, "come on Reggie live a little."

"Well, I might not be alive if I drink a random potion."

"You made it you know what's in it."

I scoffed "So I don't know what the ingredients together will do?"

"None of those ingredients are poisonous we'll be fine try some."

I sighed as we made eye contact once more that seemed to break me "Fine." I took the spoon and slid the oddly sweet liguid into my mouth. She laughed her whimsical laugh and said, "Tastes good right?" it did it truly did "That doesn't make sense gilly weed famously tasted horrible it shouldn't taste- "

"Sweet?"

"Yes"

She took another spoonful and said, "Pixie dust?" I thought for a moment and determined "No, not enough to outweigh the gilly weed."

"Okay..." we both looked to the vast ingredients we both somehow understood the other was in deep thought and somehow the vast silence wasn't awkward or uncomfortable it was... peaceful. "Okay here me out when you simmer the moon water it doesn't smell sweet right?"

"Right." I agreed chewing on the tip of my quill.

"But when you start stirring it with the silver spoon it does smell sweet right?"

I thought for a moment "Right."

I swear I could see the gears turning in her head "So, what is that's where the sweet smell starts what if we use..." she trailed off and picked up a wooden spoon "... this instead of the silver. How will the wood make the potion react?" I took the spoon from her and trailed my finger acrost the side "It might work." she looked ecstatic "really?!"

"I mean it makes sense."

"Exactly!"

With out a word I strode over to the professor on the other side of the classroom "Hey professor?" I asked as Slughorn turned around. "Yes, my boy?"

"Can Lestrange and I make another potion it's an experiment of sorts."

He chuckled and said, "Most definitely just turn in a veil of your Bubble-Bursting Brew so I can give you credit."