Words I didn't think I would ever say (Lilly Pov again)

Rain fell down the window, drops racing each other to the bottom, they came and went pooling together forming one being. I sighed, resting my head on the window as I was able to hear the individual sounds of each and every drop hitting the stone floor outside. I looked back down to my charms O.W.L. sheet cursing the unknown answer. I hit my head again searching for something, I knew this, I know I did. I remember going over it with Remus at the last study session of the year, I remember pandoras soft laugh, and the way her hair falls onto her paper and-

No, I need to focus, I know this. I know I do. I looked up facing the back of Remus's head and sighed again. 'Discuss the underlying magical principles that differentiate the Levitation Charm ('Wingardium Leviosa') from the Floating Charm ('Levioso'). Compare and contrast their incantations, wand movements, and the specific circumstances in which each spell might be more advantageous. Provide a detailed example of a scenario where the choice between these two charms could significantly impact the outcome.' I wanted to snap my quill and leave but I knew better I had my meeting with McGonigal a few days before she told me I needed at least an "E" at NEWT level in Potions, Herbology, Transfiguration, Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts. And the only way to get into the advanced the charms class was to get a good O.W.L. score.

I scribbled down a ½ hearted answer not truly knowing if it was right. We had already done D.A.D.A, transfiguration, potions, and all our practical stuff. Tonight, was the astronomy test, then the next day was runes and care of magical creatures, then I'm done. This weekend was the last quidditch match between Slytherin and Ravenclaw then a week after that was slug horns closing slug club party when more of the non-prominent students would come to say they went to slug club functions.

"5 minutes." the ministry official said from her desk in front of the great hall. I groaned again my hand beginning to shake, James was acrost from me and he was scribbling away in the corner of his page, Remus was flipping through page after page effortlessly, Sev sat 3 rows behind me, peter looked like he was panicking, and Sirus was lazily righting down answers looking messy to say the least, Mary and Marline sat next to each other with the same exhausted look on their faces, after the last match they made up one night.

I filled in a few more answers, some more sure of myself than others, the ministry members collected the papers one by one after they called the end of the exam. Most students couldn't get out of there fast enough, others sleepily stood up slowly made their way out, one or two talked to the ministry worker before leaving themselves.

The sun now seemed to shine through the trees, an odd turn of weather in such a short amount of time, the grass was still wet, and some clouds still hung in the sky on the rather dim day.

I made my way out drifting to Remus's side, we made small talk about the test as we made our way outside. I saw James potter and Dorcas Medows meet some of their 4th years by a tree at the lake. They laughed and talked regulus leaning his head on pandora's lap as she ran her fingers through his hair, Crouch tried climbing the tree with Rosier's help to no avail, the pair ended up sitting just a little too close on the grass, Dorcas looked acrost the lawn at marline sunglasses on, James sprawled on the grass watching the clouds drift by white hidden with in grey and vice versa. They all talked without putting in a lot of effort.

Me and Remus tried to fall into a flow of conversation but wound up in silence once again.

The rain came back later, and we all ran back inside- well all but James group who stayed out pushing each other in the rain laughing and soaked, none of them seemed to care though. James wrapped regulus around the waist spinning him in the air as they all laughed and laughed. I sat inside next to a quite best friend who didn't even look up from his book to watch the event unfold. Then I realized almost no one was watching them, they all grew bord and used to this by now, James was accepted as one of them after a while, he was seen just as they were. A knot grew in my stomach at the thought.