Twenty-Four

Yoongi quietly steps into the apartment, immediately sensing that someone is home. After he slips his shoes off, he walks down by the kitchen— the flowers and letter are missing from the counter. But when he steps into the living room, he's met with the sight of Taehyung sitting on the couch and the little gift sitting on the coffee table.

"You're home," he whispers. Taehyung turns and looks up at him with a look that he can only describe as happiness.

"I am." Taehyung scoots over and pats the cushion next to him. Yoongi obeys easily, not needing to be told twice. He feels a bit suffocated, however. He's terrified of what Taehyung might say. Terrified of Taehyung's thoughts and feelings. But Taehyung looks at him like he created the universe and more. "Did you leave me these flowers? And this poem?" He holds up the envelope.

Yoongi needs to be brave.

He needs to own up to it.

"Yeah," he lets out quietly, with as much confidence that he can muster. But he turns his head towards the flowers and shudders as he realizes the weight of his own words.

He still doesn't know exactly what Taehyung is thinking. The only thing he knows is that Taehyung hasn't scoffed, hasn't made fun of him, or rejected the gift. Taehyung is smiling as if he likes the gift, but still, a part of Yoongi is insecure and unsure.

"Yoongi." Before he knows it, his hand is being taken with Taehyung's gentle touch. He holds Yoongi's fingers into his palm and tugs a little until Yoongi meets his sweet gaze. "Thank you. And for the record, I like you too. Though I'm sure you already knew that, but... Does this mean anything, Yoongi? The flowers? Poem? Is there a reason for all of this?"

There's a million reasons, and this little gift didn't seem like enough to Yoongi, honestly.

Taehyung, his boyfriend, clearly meant so much to Yoongi before he lost his memory. He meant so much that he was willing to become a vampire to spend forever with him.

Taehyung took Yoongi to have him saved from permanent death. He stayed by his side even when Yoongi was lost and scared, and took Han Siwoo's side over his— it hurts to admit that, now. But Taehyung pushed through the fact that Yoongi didn't remember him and he saved Yoongi, then killed off the danger with no second thoughts about it. No hesitation.

Taehyung took Yoongi in and has been patient with him. Yoongi doesn't have to remember everything because he just knows that Kim Taehyung is special to him. And he's learned for himself, how easy it is to like Taehyung. How much he likes Taehyung.

These flowers and poem are nothing compared to all the feelings Yoongi has right now. He can't express it even into a million poems.

"Taehyungie," he utters quietly, "there's so many reasons. I just wanted to give you a little something in return to thank you, and to... to..."

To confess.

Yoongi's words get caught up in his brain and after a few seconds, he feels like he's lost the moment. He thought that maybe the poem was enough of a confession. He didn't plan this far ahead. Didn't think he'd have to explain.

"I think I get it," Taehyung thankfully says.

Yoongi looks back up into his eyes. He's smiling softly as he takes in Yoongi's expression. He tugs Yoongi's hand even more this time as he stands up from the couch, guiding Yoongi towards the speaker for some reason. But after he turns on a slow song, Yoongi gets it too.

The thing is, Yoongi can't say no to Taehyung. Even if he's not one for slow dancing, he lets Taehyung pull him into the middle of the living room and lets Taehyung guide his hands around his neck. Taehyung puts his hands on Yoongi's waist and pulls him in closer. They sway to the music with Taehyung gracefully guiding them.

"Since you got to confess," Taehyung mutters over the soft music. Yoongi instantly blushes at the acknowledgement, but Taehyung glosses right over it. "I want to, too." He leans into Yoongi's ear and his voice is extremely comforting as he says, "I really like you too, Yoongi." He waits for a few beats of the music before continuing. "I liked you before and I like you now. What I mean is, even if you hadn't lost your memory, I think I still would've learned so much more about you and fell in love with you even harder, just like I did after you lost your memory. I love every version of you."

"Taehyungie..."

They pull apart and Taehyung smiles down at him. "I'll probably keep falling for you for the rest of our lives, honestly."

This time, he leans his forehead against Yoongi's and it makes him hold his breath— not that he has to breathe anyways. If anything, he feels like a statue now as Taehyung looks into his eyes.

And as he looks into his eyes, Yoongi gets a sudden flash of memory— one he thinks he's seen before; they're in Taehyung's bedroom, Taehyung is hovering over Yoongi on the bed before they lean in and kiss each other.

Before the flashback can even process in his mind, Taehyung leans in even closer and it's Yoongi who meets him halfway, closing the gap just like he did in the flashback.

Immediately as their lips lock, he gets a flashback of something wooden shooting towards him, and he remembers the feeling of his heart bursting, remembers seeing Taehyung crying and how he couldn't move, how everything faded away.

Then he gets another flashback of the day Taehyung kissed him on the porch. This time, it's much clearer than before and he even remembers the feeling of Taehyung's kiss, and the pain in his shoulder that caused him to turn into a vampire, and Taehyung biting his neck— he feels the pain.

It's then, as Taehyung is kissing Yoongi in the middle of the living room, that Yoongi realizes something.

He kisses Taehyung deeper, desperate for more of Taehyung's perfect lips against his.

Memories of meeting Kim Taehyung for the first time flash into his mind. His head starts pounding as he recalls Taehyung and Jimin fighting at the party they'd met at. His head pounds as memories of all sorts hit him.

Taehyung starts to pull away, but Yoongi threads his fingers through his hair, tugging needily and pulling him back in to kiss him more. He kisses Taehyung as if his life depends on it, so much that he whines into the kiss because of the pain of his pounding head and the desperation.

Even memories of meeting Seokjin, Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook flash into his mind. Memories from school, from his family, from all the time he and Taehyung had spent together— he starts to remember everything.

He whines into the kiss again, but this time he wills himself to pull away because the pain becomes too much and he tears away from Taehyung, gripping onto the sides of his head and groaning.

"Fuck me," he curses aloud, whining again at the pain.

"Yoongi?" Taehyung questions with alarm, wrapping his fingers around the back of Yoongi's head and cupping it. "Are you okay?"

Yoongi looks up at Taehyung.

The ceiling light hurts his head even more and so does the sudden, quick movement. Memories are still flashing into his mind, but as he looks Taehyung in the eyes, noticing the worry laced into his boyfriend's gaze, everything feels so unreal.

And he feels light. He feels light and if there's one thing he remembers now, it's this feeling; the feeling of magic side effects about to fuck him over once again.

Happy tears roll down his cheeks and he knows for certain that he's about to pass out just like last time magic did its thing, so he just throws his arms around Taehyung's shoulders and holds onto him.

"It's happening again," is all he says as Taehyung wraps his arms around him securely, as if he knows already.

"Okay... I got you, baby. I got you."

~~~

oh shit 🫣🫣🫣

~~~