Two

Taehyung's eyes land on Yoongi, who is very much alive and very much confused as he steps out of the house and looks around.

  Tears form in Taehyung's eyes and his bottom lip quivers at the sight, but Yoongi doesn't seem to care. Not even a single glance is thrown at Taehyung, but instead, Yoongi looks around at all of the people standing outside, holding onto Hoseok's grandmother's arm.

  "Um." His face is blank as all eyes are on him.

  Taehyung steps towards him, his legs shaky as he does so. "Baby?"

Yoongi flinches at the name. Then he looks behind him, following Taehyung's eyes, which were set on him. He turns back to Taehyung when he realizes that nobody is behind him.

"Can someone take me home?" he asks.

He flat-out ignores Taehyung.

"Yoongi," Seokjin calls out. Yoongi turns to him, eyebrows furrowed. Seokjin has Jimin curled up to him, clutching onto his arm, and Yoongi doesn't even question it. Doesn't even find it odd that his best friend suddenly has Jimin all over him. "Do you really not recognize any of us?"

Yoongi frowns, then he suddenly points at something. "Him."

Everyone follows his finger, to where he's pointing, and it's off to the side of the house, where Si-woo was— is.

Jimin grimaces at the sight of the man again. Namjoon sighs and Seokjin just blinks in confusion, not knowing the man who had been there earlier.

"Why the hell are you here again?" Jimin asks, but Si-woo strolls towards Yoongi.

Taehyung freezes as Yoongi walks towards him— the others gasp out of confusion. Yoongi walks up to Si-woo as if he knows him or something.

"I came to save my friend," Si-woo says as Yoongi steps up next to him and smiles.

"This is my friend," Yoongi tells them. "We all go to school together, right? I'm guessing?"

Taehyung clenches his fists as Si-woo wraps an arm around Yoongi. "What?" he growls out.

This guy is the reason they're even here in the first place. He's the one who set up everything. He's the one who got a vampire hunter against them. He's the one who wants revenge on Jimin. How the hell does Yoongi know him?

"Well," Si-woo settles his chin on Yoongi's shoulder, the younger vampire getting flustered as he gets closer to his ear. "Introduce me as a friend all you want, but I think we can work on being something a bit more than that, don't you think, Yoongi?"

Yoongi lowered his head, blushing.

Taehyung narrowed his eyes at them. "How the fuck does Yoongi know you and not me? Get away from him." His voice was stern and loud, enough to startle Yoongi, but he didn't care.

Si-woo smirks at him, knowing Yoongi can't see it. "Yoongi knows me from school, right Yoongi?"

Yoongi nods, but he doesn't look too amused with the tense feeling surrounding them.

"But..." Taehyung frowns as Yoongi looks up at him with no emotion, no fondness in his eyes. "Yoongi, believe me, okay? I'm your boyfriend. Just let us explain everything to you—"

"But Si-woo can explain to me," Yoongi cut him off. "I mean, I'm sorry that I don't remember you like that, but I'm sure Si-woo can tell me more about you guys, right?"

Taehyung tilts his head in disbelief. "Baby, I don't even know this guy. He's the reason you're even hurt."

Yoongi backs away, further into Si-woo's hold. "Don't call me baby."

Those words hit him like a truck and Taehyung feels helpless, being so doubted. He has no clue how Si-woo has messed with Yoongi's head or done whatever it is that he's done, but it makes Taehyung feel sick.

First he sets up Jin's— and Yoongi's murder, and now he's stealing his boyfriend from him afterwards?

Taehyung doesn't think. He surges forward into an attack, grabbing Si-woo by his throat and pulling him away from Yoongi— from his Yoongi.

Curses from the others are heard from behind him, but he's too busy trying to rip this man's head off to care. He only starts to care the moment he hears Yoongi cry out in alarm.

He looks back to Yoongi, releasing his hold on the other vampire. He didn't mean to make Yoongi so scared, but the anxious look on his face says it all.

But, since he shifted his attention to Yoongi, Si-woo takes it to his advantage, yanking Taehyung back by his hair and throwing him into the dirt. His head hit the ground hard, his skull feeling like it cracked against it.

He heard Yoongi gasp, but he also focuses on grabbing ahold of his head, hissing at the pain. Before Jimin can catch up to fight back, Si-woo grabs ahold of Yoongi and takes off, despite how concerned Yoongi looks at Taehyung.

Taehyung only lets his legs fall onto the ground and he cries out. He cries, having Yoongi taken away from him again, except this time by some random guy who seems to be taking revenge on the wrong person.

"What the fuck?" Jimin yells out as he watches the two disappear. "What the hell? How? Does Yoongi actually know him? Since when?" He turns to Yoongi's friends, wanting an answer, but they are silent.

Tears roll down the sides of Taehyung's cheeks as he looks up at the dark sky.

Nothing ever goes his way.

Maybe it's just his fate. Maybe he and Yoongi aren't meant to be together and the universe is showing him that by taking him away for the third time. In the end, Yoongi must not be safe in his arms after all, no matter how much he tries to be with him.

Maybe he should quit fighting for their love.

~

👀 damn.

(updates will be slow. im sorry!)

~