Eleven

The moment Yoongi walks out of Taehyung's bedroom, finally looking fresh and willing to acknowledge everyone else, his uncertain eyes lock on Taehyung's.

"Please explain," he mumbles quietly. "I just wanna see my family."

The other six frown at Yoongi as they notice how exhausted and cautious he is as he walks into a living room full of people he doesn't know, but claims to be his friends. Taehyung feels awful for him. He must have a million questions and doubts right now.

"Yoongi." It's Namjoon who speaks up. It's clear who's in charge here, and even Yoongi puts his full attention on the stern vampire. "Sit here." Namjoon pats the spot between him and Jungkook, who's quieter than ever as he bites nervously at his lip. "We have a lot to explain, but I'll just tell you the important things first. The things you definitely need to know."

Yoongi sits a bit awkwardly with his hands over his knees, which are brought close together as he slouches low in defeat.

Taehyung is standing behind the chair Hoseok is sitting in, propping himself against it, and he wishes he could be over there with Yoongi instead. He wishes he could comfort Yoongi and tell him everything will be okay now. He wishes he could have Yoongi. Wishes Yoongi would remember everything they've all been through.

"Siwoo killed you."

"Gosh, Namjoon-ah." Seokjin looks at Namjoon like he's crazy, but Yoongi hardly has any reaction at all to the sudden statement. If anything, his expression is blank.

"What? It's the truth." Namjoon looks back at Yoongi to block out Seokjin's frown. "You're friends with all of us. Seokjin, who just spoke, is your best friend and Taehyung is your boyfriend. Taehyung turned you into a vampire— which we did not like, but we still ended up getting along by the day of... the incident."

Yoongi lowers his head. "Why would Siwoo want to kill me though? He was my best friend."

"He wasn't shit," Seokjin blurts out, earning Yoongi's attention and suddenly not minding to voice out the harsh truth anymore. "Fucker killed me too, Yoongi. He did it to get revenge on Jimin because they're exes." He holds his hand out to grab ahold of Jimin's and Yoongi takes note of the couple.

"I don't understand..." Yoongi averts his eyes and instead looks up at Taehyung with pure confusion in his gaze. He seems to want more answers, but it's a lot to take in, so Taehyung stands up straight and decides it's enough information for now.

"It's okay," he tell Yoongi from across the room. "That's enough for now. You have plenty of time to understand better. For now, you said you want to see your parents? I'll take you there if you want me to."

Yoongi's eyes light up and Taehyung knows that the comfort and familiarity would make him feel better. So of course, Yoongi is quick to agree and get up from the couch to go by Taehyung's side.

"My mom might ask questions about you, though."

Taehyung chuckles at the concern in Yoongi's voice. "Yoongi, I know your parents already." When he says that, Yoongi's eyes widen cutely. "Also, I'm pretty sure she's going to ask more about her son who hasn't come home in weeks. We told your parents that you were staying with us for just a few days, but it's been weeks now."

The others mumble out swears along with Yoongi as they realize they have to come up with some sort of lie.

"Don't worry," Taehyung reassures Yoongi quietly, nearly in a whisper between the two of them once he notices the worry in his boyfriend's eyes. "We'll figure out something to tell them on the way there."

He holds his hand out to Yoongi and the younger vampire looks down for a moment as if he's questioning whether or not to take it, but he slowly raises his hand and places it into Taehyung's, letting his hand be tugged lightly in the direction of the door.

If Taehyung is smiling like an idiot, he tries not to let it show. And if he plays Yoongi's favorite music in the car just to see Yoongi smile as well, he doesn't mention it.

Hopefully, Yoongi will still find comfort even with the friends he's lost his memory of.

Hopefully, he gets his memory back soon.

~~~~~