Twelve

Yoongi is reassured now more than ever because not only did he feel a lot safer with his friends who told him the truth of everything, but he finally— fucking finally— got his phone back and saw the countless photos and messages he had with those friends.

And his boyfriend.

It shocked Yoongi when he'd first awoken, when he came back from apparently being dead, and Taehyung had walked up to him and claimed to be his, calling him pet names and looking so broken. Yoongi regrets not believing him, but what was he supposed to do? He actually remembered Siwoo and he was confused already, so of course he went with his best friend and the one person he knew.

Now, everything's changed.

Kim Seokjin is his best friend and Kim Taehyung is his boyfriend. He completely missed that span of his life— or rather, he forgot it.

On the ride to his house, he glances over at Taehyung a few times while he reads over their messages and he can hardly believe that such a gorgeous man could be his. He wonders...

"How did you and I become boyfriends?"

Taehyung keeps his eyes on the road, his expression never changing from being so blank, but his large hands do tighten on the steering wheel.

"Us vampires like to mess around and get different jobs, go to school, or do whatever. We just wanted to chill in school rather than working so much. Needed a change." He gulps and becomes a bit fidgety in his seat. "You and I were past lovers, actually." As he says this, Yoongi's eyes widen. "It took me a while to get the courage to tell you this, but now I'm sure you don't remember; the T on your shoulder—" Yoongi tenses up as he recalls the mark on his skin that nobody has ever known about; not even he knows what it is— "It was made by me. It's the reason you turned into one of us."

"Okay, okay." Yoongi shudders and sinks low into the seat, feeling all weird inside. "I didn't know it was like that, good lord. I was expecting you to say something like... we met on a dating app or something."

Taehyung lets out a small laugh and glances at Yoongi. "Sorry, I didn't mean to dump all that information on you. I only recently told you after we all became friends again. You and I were finally getting places before... you know."

Yoongi frowns to himself.

"Finally getting places?"

"Yeah, we've had quite the love story." Taehyung purses his lips and shakes his head to himself. "Looking back on it, we were a mess. I was a mess."

"Wow, it really sounds like love."

Taehyung chuckles. "I do love you." The sudden statement makes the vehicle sound too silent even though one of Yoongi's favorite songs is playing and there's traffic around them. Taehyung clears his throat once he notices Yoongi's stunned gaze. "I'm sorry. I know you don't remember me in that way— or at all. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything like that."

Yoongi shrugs it off. "I-It's okay. I know I can be a mess sometimes, so I'm totally okay with having a mess of a boyfriend who apparently loves me," he nudges Taehyung a little and teases him to get a smile out of him.

"Okay, okay. We're here now, so, um... Your parents don't know about you and I being boyfriends yet, you've broken your foot recently, and the reason you were gone for so long is because we were helping you study for finals- like a big, long sleepover for our finals month. Got it?"

Yoongi gapes at him. "I broke my foot?"

"Something like that."

Taehyung parks and before Yoongi can even unbuckle his seatbelt, the vampire is opening the door for Yoongi and helping him out of the SUV. Yoongi immediately feels swarmed with all sorts of feelings once he sees his familiar home; love, calmness, joy.

"Why doesn't my parents know about us?" he asks Taehyung as they make their way up to the door. Taehyung doesn't look at Yoongi, too occupied in his own thoughts.

"When you turned into a vampire, we were right here." They're standing on Yoongi's porch. "I took you to my place, we became boyfriends, and in that same visit, Siwoo had someone kill you and Seokjin."

Yoongi looks at him in awe. He thought that they had been boyfriends for a while now, but if what Taehyung is saying is true...

"I was killed the day we became boyfriends? Is that what you're telling me?"

Taehyung gives him an awkward and pained smile. "I know. I should've protected you." His fists clench and he looks bothered by himself as he takes his pain out onto the door, which he knocks hard on. Yoongi can tell just by the look in Taehyung's heavily avoiding eyes that Taehyung must blame himself for whatever happened to Yoongi.

But before Yoongi can say anything in response to try and reassure him, the door swings open and Yoongi's met with the sight of his mother, who looks familiar, yet with shorter hair and a huge smile on her face.

"Yoongi, my baby! You're back from that awful sleepover of yours! How could you leave your mother all alone like that? I was worried!" She drags him inside and kisses all over his face and head, and she even greets Taehyung with a hug, which makes Yoongi's embarrassment turn into awe. He's glad to see that his mother likes Taehyung. He must've made a good decision, being with him.

"Yeah. I'm back, eomma."

~~~

well this is gonna be quite the ride LOL

~~~