Eight

❗️Trigger Warning: Needle, Injection, Kidnapping

"I think it's about time I go back home now."

"No," Siwoo immediately says. His voice is strict and he looks up at Yoongi with daggers, earning a frown in return. "You aren't fit to go back home to your parents, Yoongi. You're harmful to them."

Yoongi furrows his brows. "If I'm no harm to high school students, then how am I harmful to my parents? What is it, you just want me to stay here with you forever?" he asks as he gestures around Siwoo's bedroom. "You know how much I hate being away from home."

Siwoo shrugs.

"You can't go back right now."

If Yoongi had his phone, he could at least call his family and tell them he's alright. Siwoo still hasn't let Yoongi go home and surprise his parents with a totally logical explanation and surprise out-of-coma wakeup.

"Didn't my parents send me to a hospital or something?" Yoongi skeptically asks him. "They know I was in a coma, right?

Siwoo looks up at him and clenches his jaw. "Well, uh, I guess I told them you ran away."

"You what?"

"Yoongi, you're a vampire," Siwoo explains once he notices the shock, slight panic, and hurt in Yoongi's voice. "I had to make up an excuse. You woke up in a witch's home because I couldn't carry you to a doctor. You're a vampire. That means everything you do isn't humanly anymore, okay? That means you're a threat to your own family and as of now, lying is what you'll be living with for the rest of your years. So suck it up."

As the last words of Siwoo's little speech is cut harshfully in Yoongi's way, the younger vampire stands up from the edge of the bed and glares down at his best friend.

"You suck it up," he tells him. "Because I'm going to see my family and I'm telling them I didn't run away, that I was in a coma and someone kept me safe in the woods—"

"You can't mention the witch's home. You just can't go home, Yoongi"

"I'll just be vague about it."

Yoongi turns to walk towards Siwoo's bedroom door, but in lightning speed, Siwoo is standing in front of him and blocking it.

If his heart could beat, it would be beating fast in his chest. His eyes are wide, though, as he looks up at Siwoo and sees his best friend baring his fangs at him.

"Fucking hell," Siwoo rasps as leans against the door and runs his hands down his face. "Do you know how fucking much I had to watch Jimin? For years and years now." He's suddenly talking about his ex for some reason and it throws Yoongi off completely. "Do you know how great it felt to know that my high school best friend was linked in with that fucking group of people?"

Yoongi frowns at the anger in his voice. "What are you talking about?"

"You!" he yells at Yoongi, making him flinch. "It felt like fate to have been your friend and find out that you were tearing Park Jimin's friendships apart. You were ruining everything for him, but then you started to stitch it all up and ruined my plan."

He has no idea what Siwoo is talking about and honestly, he's a bit too startled to question or say anything in response.

Siwoo reaches into his jacket pocket, but Yoongi pays the action no mind.

"I admit, I tried to fool you, Min Yoongi. But you ask too many questions and you know what? I thought it would be easy to lie to you and dangle you in front of your friend's pathetic faces."

Yoongi's lips part at Siwoo's confession.

"Wait- You— What?"

Siwoo brings his hand out of his pocket and before Yoongi even knows it, his best friend has ahold of his throat and he's sticking a needle into his skin, which immediately makes his legs grow weak and eyes droop.

"You're too damn stubborn, though."

———

Taehyung has been outlining, following Siwoo and Yoongi after school, planning ways to get Yoongi back to him.

He sees Yoongi two times in the past week and he hates not being with him. He hates seeing Siwoo with him and hates to see Yoongi talking to him as if Siwoo didn't kill him once.

Bastard.

He sighs as he scribbles out another flawed plan, but he's cut off by the sudden interruption of Jungkook, who's home early from school— it's not even time for lunch yet.

"Jungkook-ah?"

The younger has a worried look in his round eyes. "Hyung, Siwoo and Yoongi aren't at school today." Taehyung grips so hard onto his pen that he hears it crackling.

"What do you mean, they aren't at school? Where the hell are they then?"

His gut feels weird and he feels like he may puke, just thinking about the possibility of Siwoo finally calling it quits and taking Yoongi off somewhere or hiding him. This is exactly what he feared and exactly why he wanted to act on his plan immediately.

Now it's too late.

"I don't know," Jungkook tells him. "Seokjin and Jimin are going crazy, though. They stress-drank all of our blood and I think Seokjin went home to find a wooden stake."

Taehyung bounces his leg nervously and hums. "So, you're saying they're finally ready to get this show on the road?"

Jungkook bites at his lower lip, which is a clear answer to Taehyung's question because Jungkook wouldn't be so nervous if they weren't about to do something major.

"Call the rest and tell them to meet up here. Let me get my notes all sorted out."

Jungkook nods and closes Taehyung's door, leaving him to quickly put together the pieces of the puzzle— the plan to save Yoongi and kill Siwoo.

~~~

BITCH???????

i love how yoongi was constantly sussing his friends out in the first book but now his constant curiosity has gotten the best of him 🤧 he's just a curious cat <\3

~~~