Thirteen

Yoongi doesn't recall his bedroom being arranged this way; his bed is placed in the center, lined up against the window, and his dresser is across from it on the opposite wall.

How he remembers it, however, is that his bed was against the right corner of the room and his dresser was against the left wall. But now there's a little bookshelf against that wall and there's mangas along with a few random things like anime merch.

"I don't remember my room looking like this."

Taehyung smiles at Yoongi. "I can tell. You're looking around as if you've never seen this place before in your life."

Yoongi snorts. "I'm not that dramatic. It's still the same, just rearranged, and this is new." He crouches down to look at the anime collection he's got going on and he wonders if he bought the stuff himself or if his parents gifted him any of it.

"You have a new pillow," Taehyung states as he presents said pillow like they're on a game show. "I bought it for you when you broke your foot, so you could prop it up."

Yoongi hums suspiciously. "How did I break it, exactly? Since you seem to know me more than I know myself..?"

Taehyung doesn't look him in the eye. He raises his fingers to scrunch the back of his hair, nervously ahh-ing.

"You and I used to sit on top of your roof and hang out, but one day we rushed to get down and I kinda—"

"You broke my foot?!"

"I'm sorry!" Taehyung quickly chirps out as if he's said it time and time again, or like he's having flashbacks from that day. "I really didn't mean to. We were in a hurry to get off the roof."

Yoongi tries to hold back a smile because the way Taehyung pouts as he speaks is adorable, but he hardly knows the guy, so he doesn't want to get so ahead of himself.

"Did you at least take me to the hospital when it happened?" he asks as he sits on the edge of his bed, finally in the comfort of his own home with Taehyung— his apparent boyfriend— by his side.

"Of course I carried you to the hospital."

Taehyung is standing sort of awkwardly in front of the dresser and there's a mirror on it, so Yoongi briefly wonders just how he can see Taehyung in it, but he's not in the mood to talk about vampire-y things right now.

"So, I take it you've been in my bedroom before?" he asks Taehyung. "I just assume because you said I propped my foot with this pillow and because my parents know you. I'm sure we didn't hang out on the roof every time, right?"

Taehyung nods. "Yes, I've been in here plenty of times."

Yoongi hums as he looks down at his bed. "What do we usually do in here? I don't have many games or anything like that, so..."

"Um." Taehyung clears his throat and keeps his eyes averted. "We're never done— you know, like— anything like that. We've only kissed a few times before and it's never been in here. We usually just talk and cuddle."

"I wasn't assuming we'd done anything more than kissing, but thanks for telling me I guess." Yoongi chuckles as Taehyung suddenly looks embarrassed. "Well, since you're used to my bed, then why are you standing so awkwardly over there? Come sit down. Don't treat me like a stranger just because you are one to me."

Taehyung frowns at the reminder, but he listens and goes to sit next to Yoongi.

"See? Now it's less awkward."

Taehyung nods to himself. "I just don't want to overstep or anything. I don't want you to be uncomfortable or overwhelmed."

"Thank you for that," Yoongi tells him. "But I don't want you to be uncomfortable either, you know. I want you to treat me how you normally would and tell me things that I should remember since I don't remember anything at all. Might as well remind me of everything rather than waiting for if I get my memory back."

Again, Taehyung is frowning at his words, but it's the harsh reality.

"Well, we could go up to the roof and talk like we normally do. I could probably go on for hours, just talking to you."

"I have a feeling you already have gone on for hours, talking to me up there."

A soft smile forms on Taehyung's face. "You'd be right about that." Yoongi smiles as well even though he's not recalling any memories that Taehyung is right now. Still, knowing that Taehyung smiles like that just thinking about him makes him smile.

"Let's go, then. I've got so much to catch up on and you're my boyfriend, so you're obligated to knock some sense into me."

Taehyung chuckles and then they're off to the roof, where he shows Yoongi exactly where they always lay and watch the sunset, which just so happens to be happening right now.

And he was right.

They do go on for hours, talking away. Yoongi doesn't know Taehyung, but he feels perfectly safe with him and he likes how expressive Taehyung gets while he tells stories or gives Yoongi random bits of information.

He tells Yoongi how imperfect their friendship was and he claims that he was so awful while going about things to try and protect Yoongi, but Yoongi tells him he must not have been too bad or else they wouldn't be boyfriends.

Somehow, as Taehyung speaks through it all, Yoongi finds himself glancing at Taehyung's hands frequently, wondering how it would feel to intertwine their fingers. The urge is strong and he doesn't know why, but because he isn't really sure where their relationship stands and he doesn't want to seem like some weirdo, he refrains from doing such a thing.

After all, Taehyung is technically only an acquaintance of Yoongi's as of now.

He doesn't want to rush or force himself, so for now, he allows only the basic memories and basic communication.

~~~

i have so many fics to work on so i'm sorry if updates are slow 😭 also idk what i'm writing here anyways LOL

~~~