Twenty-One

Yoongi tries to live in the present.

He reads a lot more often than he ever did before even though his friends tell him he used to read a lot anyway. He also decides that he wants to go to college for some sort of writing outlet, but there's so many to choose from so he plans to start with the basics in the fall. So, he has all summer to prepare.

"Do you want me to go to college too?"

With Taehyung's voice interrupting the silence Yoongi was currently sitting in, he startles, jumping a bit in his chair. He didn't even notice Taehyung had walked into his room or how the hell he got in— his mother must've let him in. He's been so busy planning for college, staring at his laptop, and he didn't notice his surroundings which... isn't great, honestly.

He turns to Taehyung and tilts his head in question. "Weren't you around when college was invented or something? Haven't you gotten like- every degree by now?"

Taehyung puckers his lips into a pout and his eyebrows furrow dramatically. "I was not around when it was invented, thank you." He plops back onto Yoongi's bed, making himself comfortable. "And I have completed college before. You're right about that. But... that's not why I was asking."

"Then why—" Yoongi notices the slight worry and hopeful twinkle in Taehyung's eyes. He's so cute looking up at Yoongi like that. "You're asking me if I want you to stay with me, aren't you?" Yoongi softly chuckles as Taehyung rubs at the back of his neck nervously. He gets up from his desk chair and goes to the bed, lying down next to Taehyung and closing his eyes as he whispers, "I'd like for you to stay with me, Taehyungie."

Taehyung shifts enough to make Yoongi glance at him. He's smiling wide. "I'll stay with you and even help you study. Or- actually, Namjoon might be better to do that with. But I can at least let you use my college books so you won't have to buy any." His smile grows wider. "We can even get a dorm together or rent out one of those apartments."

Yoongi really gets a good look at Taehyung, thinking those words over. He's suggesting they live together.

"You... want to move in together?"

It's almost as if Taehyung only now realizes the weight of what he suggested because his eyes grow wide and his smile falls a bit looser. "Oh. I- I mean, that's all part of the college experience, you know. Moving in with friends or, you know, whatever." He clears his throat as he turns over onto his back to look up at the ceiling. "You don't have to move in with me if that makes you uncomfortable. Sorry. I just get a little ahead of myself sometimes."

A soft, sweet smile settles on Yoongi's face. He reaches down for Taehyung's hand, his fingers brushing over his skin and earning Taehyung's attention. He intertwines their fingers and keeps the smile on his face especially as Taehyung gives him a hopeful gaze.

"We can look for apartments."

Taehyung's eyes are unblinking. He looks genuinely surprised. "Oh, um, okay. Yeah. If you want to." Yoongi nods.

"I want to, Taehyungie."

He squeezes his hand and smiles bigger as Taehyung smiles. It's settled now.

———

Summer is hot. Yoongi is offered ice creams by his father, who becomes addicted to the things and feels the need to get the family addicted as well. Seoul University accepted Yoongi— thank God— and apartments around the campus become available as former students decide to finally move on with their lives.

"I found one that allows pets," Seokjin informs Yoongi, who blinks dramatically.

"We don't have pets."

Seokjin shrugs. "Who knows? What if you decide to get one?"

"In the midst of studying and hopefully getting a job? No thanks. I'll have enough company with Taehyungie there."

Seokjin now rolls his eyes. "Gosh, couples. Maybe Jiminie and I can take this place and get a cat." At the mention of his name, Jimin peeks his head out from his own kitchen and raises an eyebrow.

"We already found ourselves an apartment," Jimin reminds his boyfriend. "And it took way too much paperwork and money to get ahold of that thing. We will not be changing our mind just because that one allows pets."

"I found one!" Jungkook suddenly interrupts. He looks at Yoongi. "Not for you, sorry. I meant I finally found one with three bedrooms. It's the first one I've seen available," he whines out and frantically presses things on his phone as if he's desperate to message the owner.

Here's the deal:

They all plan to go to college to stay near each other and build healthy relationships; they also want to stay near Yoongi.

Seokjin and Jimin found an apartment with one bedroom and decided they'd take it for themselves. They hardly leave each other's side as it is, so living together and sharing a room isn't far off from how they're currently living.

Namjoon, Hoseok, and Jungkook decided that they'd try out being roommates. It isn't unfamiliar territory for the two oldest of the trio, and Jungkook was pretty sad that he'd have to part ways with his friends, but everyone promised to stick together and hang out frequently, so he was happy to try living with his two newer friends. They're still looking for a three bedroom apartment, which is hard to find, but if all else fails, they plan to get a two bedroom and just share one room.

Taehyung and Yoongi are looking for a two bedroom apartment. There's quite a lot around the university, but they keep getting snatched by other people who come in first. Yoongi downloaded an app to keep up with all the listings, which is what he, Seokjin, and Jungkook are looking at right now while Hoseok and Jimin are making lunch for them in the kitchen.

"The owner messaged me back!" Jungkook happily announces, practically bouncing in his seat. "We're meeting him on Saturday, hyung," he tells Hoseok, who lets out a pleased "Okay, Koo" in return.

Yoongi bites at his lip nervously, hoping he can find something for him and Taehyung as well. He wants to tell Taehyung some good news too. But it's just so hard to get ahold of the owners before someone else does.

Hopefully, he can find them an apartment before fall comes.

Hopefully, this goes well.

~~~

i'm still gonna write fics cause vampires taegi kissing aint got nothing to do with irl taegi LOL

speaking of, THEYRE MOVING IN TOGETHER MY BABIES 😭😭😭

updates may be slow because i have so many fics to write and ones to prioritize 🥲 i'm sorry !! i will try to update this fic weekly maybe? idk but at least i'm doing better than when i first started writing this fic and left it for months to rot LOL

anyways, any suggestions as to what i should make happen during their little college au / roommates era? 🥰 hehe

~~~