•chapter 27•

I park my car at a small parking lot, where few cars are placed and pull out my mother's phone as I call my father.
The man who is my own mother's killer.
My own brother's killer.
I look through all her contacts, then I find his.
I dial the number and bring the phone to my face slowly.
He answers within at least 15 seconds.
"hello? Bree?" I can almost hear him smile through the phone, "it's about time you called. I am getting awfully bored of not getting to hear your voice."
I shake my head, "you. you need to leave my friends alone." I growl through the phone.
his laugh was so bitter I couldn't do anything but shake of severe pain.
"I will turn myself in if that means you will stop. I will. I swear." I finally say through the phone.
He sighs a deep breath, "perfect! I can't wait to see my lovely daughter. Be at the Laundry Mate off of highway 70, go to the back room type in the code "459347" and then you will find me." He says, "if you aren't here by 7:00 pm, your so called friends won't be a part of the human race anymore." he takes his last breath and then notes "I can't wait to see you Bree Green."
He hangs up the phone and I let out a deep sigh and start the engine as I head onto highway 70 and begin on my way to my end.
------------------- ------- ----------------------------
I pull out of the exit and pull in with 20 minutes to spare.
I take my deepest breath and pull my car keys out of the hole and I open my door slowly.
I reach into the glove box and pull out my light sliver hand gun sliding it into my pocket, hiding it shallowly.
I shut my door behind me and walk in to the Laundry Mate.
I head to the back of the room and open the door slowly, I see the pin code in the back and I type in the code.
"459347." I say quietly as my finger touches the pins on the wall.
The bookshelf opens and I walk in.
Many faces gather around me quickly with guns pointed at me, then I hear the familiar voice.
"stop! stop! it's my daughter." my father laughs as he comes forward and near me.
"look at how much you have grown, you must be tired. you thirsty? or hungry?" I shake my head, "let's get to work." I snarl at him.
He nods his head and puts out his hand for me to go ahead in front of him.
I roll my eyes and begin walking.
He grabs my arm by the second and leans close to my ear, "try anything and you won't live long enough to see me kill your friends." I take in a heavy gulp and nod.
"great! we understand. now follow me." he smiles tightly.
I continue walking in till I am outside of a large and long area leading with a cliff at the end.
"Bree?" a familiar voice says
I huff my breath as I turn around to see not only my dad but someone quiet familiar to me. someone I love so dearly.
someone who I can't live without.
someone who I had to live without.
my brother.
I run up to hug him, as I am grabbed from
behind me.
"hey! stop!!!!" I scream.
"let her go! please! let her go!" Johnny screams, tears coming to his eyes.
I grab his cheeks, "it's okay! it's okay." I fight not to show my pain, I need to be strong for him.
I nod my head as he does the same and let the guards pull me to wherever I am going.
I head into the corridor and feel myself thrown into a small, dark dungeon and I run up to bars and scream. "PLEASE DONT DO THIS!" I yelp in pain.
I slam my foot on the ground and slide down the wall until I am sitting.
I look around and sob into my legs, my hair lashed in a messy and dirty braid.
It's been hours. Days it feels like. Maybe one at the most I come to conclusion, considering all I can do in this hellhole is think.
The doors open, and I close my eyes at the sight of light. My eyes bagged with a dark and pale shade of what I call "zero sunlight.. or radiation light". my hair knotted and messy. my clothes covered in dirt. My jeans ripped and my mouth barely able to hold the last bit of liquid I am eligible to remain in my mouth.
I jump up with all the energy I have, making myself light headed and I scream.
"my brother? where is he! are my friends okay?! please tell me?!" The person ignores me and hands me the food I pick it up and throw it at him.
"ANSWER ME! ANSWER ME!!!!!!!"
I scream shaking the bars.
then I remember I have a gun.
I pull it out, and without hesitating I shoot him in the stomach, he falls to the ground as I pull him close to the bars I grab his keys from the side pocket and unlock my cell.
I walk out. Then run, to where? I honestly don't know. My hair flying behind me as I find my brother's cell, and unlock it running in to grab him, "we are getting out of here. okay?" I say as I look into his eyes.
he nods, "let's go." he says weakly and stands up in pain but begins running out next to me.
We wobble out hiding behind heavy cement walls as a guard goes by with a gun, I shoot him in the arm, then the head and grab his gun handing it to my brother.
"sorry soldier. but this is life or death." I say to the dead man laying in front of me tears rushing to my eyes.
We almost make it to the exit until I hear a scream.
Only one scream I would ever know fully.
Giavanna's.
I run out, telling my brother to go. To get the car started.
I run out to find Giavanna screaming as my father holds a gun to Camden's head.
I cover my hands over my mouth and scream, "STOP! I am the only one you want! leave them alone!"
he turns around slowly, "I warned you darling."
He smiles, I shake my head walking to him slowly, "please! you want me! you want me!"
I turn the gun to my head as I close my eyes, then I hear it.
I hear Camden yell, "NO!" he runs up in front of the gun and I hear the trigger being pulled and I open my eyes.
My vision blurry, my ears completely soundless.
I see Giavanna scream, Camden on the ground, dead.
My dad staring at me in anger.
Then I see myself.
Completely confused.
Completely gone.
I run up to my dad, never stopping, never done.
I grab the gun from my pocket and run up as he grabs my wrist turning it around, I yelp in pain as I spit into his eye, my ankle dropping on his foot. He triggers me with the gun and that moment, but I throw him down.
I shoot his other foot and jump on his leg to keep it down, as my gun is to his head.
I have my hand on the trigger.
"any last words daddy?" I stare into his eyes.
"you will pay." he smiles
I close my eyes and pull the trigger.
Not only did I hear one shot.
I felt the other.
I fall back and lay on the ground staring at the sky.
looking at my brother hovering over me.
"BREE!!!!!!!!"
I stare at him, losing my breath.
I look down to see my bullet wound.
Not only is my father dead, but I was shot at the same time.
"I'll be okay! I will be okay. I just want you to know you will be okay. you will always be my brother. you will always be okay. I want you to live your life now. not mine, yours. you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. and to just see you for a little while is enough to bring me happiness, now if you can't live life for you.. do it for me. It will show you were loyal to me, and you still are. I love you. " I cry tears and tears flow out of me as if I'm a waterfall.
Giavanna runs over to me.
"Bree! it's okay, you will be okay."
I pull her hands away, "Giavanna. I'm so sorry about Camden, I really am. you will be okay. because I have to go and say goodbye. thank you for being the only person there for me when there was no one else left to be my friend. " I huff my breath, im losing oxygen "I'm so thankful to have found you. just make sure you enjoy life and live it. that's all I can ask of you this time." I cry, "don't run from who you are anymore. embrace it." I smile as she stares at me.
" Bree! please don't!!!! you are always gonna be the biggest and best memory I could ever have just don't leave me! Bree don't!"
I shake my head, " I have to go. I have to. it will be okay." I purse my lips as tears roll down my face.
She shakes her head and cries.
Then I see him.
the man I am in love with.
"Andrew." I breath out the word. He runs over, liquid shooting out of his eyes.
" I should have been there! I should have been there!" he screams.
"Andrew. don't blame yourself, it's all my fault. he's dead. you will," I cough my breath, "you will be okay. I love you Andrew. I always will. and I will see you again." I hold my cough in and swallow it down, " never lose yourself. fall in love for me again. You deserve to be happy. To be you. " I cough.
"please don't leave me!" he moans into my hand which is resting on his cheek. "you will see me again. I will always, always be here." I point to his heart. he cries and shakes his head, "please don't leave me."
"I don't have a choice baby. Just know wherever you are. I'm never far away."
I break my last tear in, "thank- you- for giving my life-" I gag, "meaning."
I begin shutting my eyes.
"I love you." he cries.
I shut my eyes, and take my last breath.
The sky turns white and I see nothing.
Nothing but beauty.