•chapter 10•

I move around and feel an arm over my shoulder, I turn over and topple out of bed after seeing the person is Andrew.
I move around the bed and stare at him for a minute, he looks so- so- happy.
I don't want to wake him.
I run downstairs and undo a bag of waffles and pop one in the toaster.
I move towards my room and tap Andrew, "hey, hey."
He moans, but doesn't open his eyes.
"Hey baby." He pulls me into him and snuggles me into him, he kisses my head.
I look around, as im squished into him.
I cough, "Andrew?" I cough
He opens his eyes and backs away,
" Bree? I'm so sorry!"
I shake my head,
"It's fine. Um breakfast is ready." I don't make eye contact with him and I walk out of the room.
I know he thought I was caroline, I let a few tears drop as I poor myself orange juice.
He walks down wearing a hollister shirt and hollister sweatpants.
He flashes me a morning smile, and pushes his hand through his very dirty blonde hair.
I nod and look down.
"Um your food is ready," I look away and begin walking upstairs, until he interrupts my motioning towards the stairs.
"Where are you going?" He asks clearly frustrated.
I look up the stairs, "going to take a shower." I groan.
He shakes his head, "okay. You know we have school right?" He adds.
I nod, "im skipping. You are more than welcome to go." I yawn.
He breaths out, "I'll be fine with a day off." He smiles.
Dang! He just has too, ugh.
I move in and out of the shower quickly, then I get dressed in yoga pants and a t-shirt.
I pull my hair into a loose braid and walk downstairs, Andrew is making coffee and reading the newspaper.
I stand there shocked.
I move around him to poor myself some coffee, and he smiles
"Hey."
I greet him with a small smile and continue pouring.
"What's wrong?" He questions me uncertainly.
I squint my eyes, trying to look confused
"Nothing.. why?" I continue the face I am clearly failing at.
He stands up, at least a head taller than me.
"Don't give me that. What's wrong?" He replaces his anger with an amusing smile.
I look away, shaking my head. "Don't give me that. You can't kiss someone then do that, even if it was fake. Just don't."
I move away from him and head upstairs to my room. I am relieved when I notice he didn't follow me.
He moves into my room, after I finish making my bed
"Get out." I say simply and demandingly.
He shakes his head, "want to do something?" He asks kindly, it's pathetic.
I walk up to him, "stop! go back to your house and get out of mine." I move past him but he grabs my arm and jerks me back.
"what? Am I wrong about you now? are you gonna be like my dad now and abuse me? Do it. It doesn't surprise me." I laugh and moan, waiting for a smack to my face, or a punch who knows.
He shakes his head and walks out of my room.
"You just don't get it." He walks away, lifting his head to the left.
I grab my head and look down,
"What do I not get Andrew? Huh?" I am yelling now.
He darts around up to face me pointing a finger,
"Not everyone is going to be there for you Bree, you have to except that! But when there is someone trying to be, you can't just push them away!" He growls.
"I can push anyone away because that's all I do! It's been me and my mom for a long time now, and she is now gone so I think I can! Thanks mom for notifying me though." I roll my eyes and move away.
He moves closer, " even though that's true. I think you should realize good people care. You just CHOOSE not to let them help you, you push all your hurt feelings on your happiness you could be getting and you push them away." He croaks.
I hold my hands up in the air, "I can't help it! It's me. You don't like it? I suggest you leave!"
He shakes his head, "im sorry."
I bring my head down and don't respond I move past him outside to the porch, hoping he will get the idea to leave.
He follows me and begins walking to his car, he stops in his tracks.
"You know what. No.
If I'm going to be sorry about something it will be this." He jogs up to me, not even giving me a moment to think about what he is doing until he eyes me gracefully and leans in kissing me, for a good 45 seconds. It's perfect. I open my eyes in the end as he does the same, and he smiles through his eyes. I release my breath and smile, he pulls me into a hug and tightens his grip around me.
"I won't be letting you go, Bree Green. You have your grip on me and it's as firm as can be."
He chuckles and kisses my forehead, as we stand outside and inhale the fresh morning air.