•chapter 6•

Something goes off, I dart up.
I look on the other side of my bed and I begin walking out down the hallway, uncertain I make sure I stay hidden and quiet.
I look around and look around the corner to see Giavanna making breakfast, I relax.
I walk over to the stool and sit down,
"Hey, need any help?" I yawn
She smiles "Not a morning person?"
I shake my head, "not at all."
She laughs, "i could use some help, direct me to where everything is in this house?" She fakes a puppy dog face.
I smirk, "Just ask and I'll tell, I leave the kitchen and switch on the t.v. While laying on the couch, I look out at the back yard out through the sliding glass door, across the kitchen, and opposite from the living room. It's all calm.
I switch on a random channel and Drake and Josh comes on, I walk over to Giavanna, ""If you want I can finish up and you can call Camden, I know you are supposed to be with him right now. "
She laughs, "you are so smart, thanks. I'll be right back."
I laugh, "hurry up. Don't know how long I can do this." I say sarcastically.
She steps onto the patio, and I finish flipping the eggs and letting the bacon sizzle.
I watch as Drake forgets Josh's birthday and throws a party for his new girlfriend, as Giavanna walks back in.
She fakes a smile, and I sigh
"What's wrong?" I question her, not wanting to know the answer.
"So Camden has nowhere to go, and he is sorta in trouble.. Long story, but can he comeover for a little while? It's TOTALLY fine if he can't.."
She is about to say something else but she hesitates.
I open my mouth and shut it, then nod.
She smiles, "you sure?"
I laugh, "yea. But my mom is at work, okay?"
She nods and hugs me.
"I'll text him, and then I'll take over for you."
I laugh, "what? I thought I was finally getting the hang of this! The house is still standing right?!"
She laughs, "barely!"
I push her, "oh okay!" I laugh as I watch her fall to the ground and try to trip me.
I make her take over as I run to my room I make my bed, put my computer away and my remotes. I fold my blanket and put it on the couch downstairs, and I quickly brush my teeth while putting on gray leggings, a short sleeved top that ends right at my waist and a braid across the side of my head going into a high pony tail.
After im done cleaning, I walk downstairs and eat, it tastes sooo good.
As I finish turning on the dishwasher, my doorbell rings.
Giavanna holds her hand up when she is climbing the rounded stairs to the door to tell me she's got it. I look up moving away from the kitchen to see Giavanna eyeing me nervously.
I squint my eyebrows and move towards the door, I see Camden, then I see Andrew.
I suck in my breath, and move out of the way so they can enter.
I eye Giavanna behind the door, terrified.
She grabs Camden's hand and brings him over to the couch, and she forms the blanket over them. I close the door behind Andrew as he smiles at me,
"Hey."
I form a straight face,
"Why are you here? I don't recall sending you an invitation."
"I was with Camden and he just said we are going somewhere, so I followed." He laughs
I roll my eyes and point towards the couch, motioning for him to sit.
He bows, and finishes it with a laugh and he goes and has a seat.
I turn off the t.v. and sit on the opposite side of the other couch, considering Camden and Giavanna have marken their couch already.
I roll my legs up and move my hair into a bun, not caring what it looks like, meanwhile mr.hottie is smirking at me. ohmigosh.
I look away, and Camden looks around with a confused look.
"Where are your parents?" He questions
Giavanna eyes me,
"Her-" I interrupt her "my mom is at work." I bite my lip.
Drew squints his eyes, and leans forward, "and your dad?"
I scream in pain in my mind, and Giavanna doesn't even try for this one.
"He left me when I was 14." I puff.
Everyone eyes me, at least I didn't lie. He left me, my mom couldn't keep up with rent and he threatened us. tried to kill my mom she got the money, barely. But he still wanted/ wants to kill us/ me.
Camden smiles and looks down, and Andrew eyes me uncertainly.
"I'm sorry." He smiles.
I open my eyes wider, did Andrew "the jock" just apologize? He just apologized for something he didn't do either!
I regain my strength and smile,
"It doesn't matter." I blink, it does. " my mom said you guys could come over and that's that."
I squint back tears.
Andrew looks at me along with Camden.
"Anyone up for karaoke?" Giavanna smiles, trying to change the subject obviously.
I nod, along with the others.
I hold one finger up, "I'll be right back."
I run upstairs, and lock the door. Tears welling in my eyes.
I grab tissue after tissue.
About 10 minutes later, at least, I get a knock on the door.
"Hold on."
I am so stupid it's not locked, Drew walks in looking at all the tissues.
I look down and laugh,
"Sorry hormones."
He closes his eyes,
"Your dad doesn't deserve you ya know."
He thinks this is about my dad, good.
I nod, but still cry.
"It just wouldn't hurt to have him around."
He nods, "come on let's go downstairs, you don't deserve this."
What the hell? Where is drew and what happened to him?!