•chapter 12•

I'm walking out of the coffee shop, with my brother at my side.
"Do you have a ride?" I question, noting to myself I should have asked that in the beginning.
He shakes his head, I point him to my car
"What about a place to stay?" I question digging for my keys in my purse.
He shakes his head, "Bree I just escaped dad." He shivers, "I don't have a plan."
I nod, "I haven't seen you in 6 months, I thought he brainwashed you or hurt U, or killed you." I mutter under my breath holding back tears.
He moans, "Bree im a year younger than you, it wasn't that hard to survive." He shakes his head laughing, "I can't wait to see mom!" He smiles brightly, I feel guilty is some way.
I shake my head hopping into the truck, "mom is, mom is.., our mom is dead, johnny. Mom is dead."
He grabs on too the window, "what?" He releases his breath, growling.
I pull over, "she died in one of dad's car chases, I was in the car too. But I lived, I moved here and it's been my life the past few months. Alone." I groan, pain hitting my chest and creeping up my body, sending shivers and goosebumps through out my arms and legs.
He sends me a look, and then hits me with pure pity "Bree, you aren't alone anymore." He pulls me into a hug, "I missed you Johnny." I smile brightly, I turn back seeing him smile and nod.
I pull out and pass through streets until im finally pulling into my driveway, I pull around the corner and pull up seeing Andrew sitting on the porch, where I ran off. He is still there?
Johnny grabs my hand and starts darting, "come on Bree, we can get away!" I release my hand, "Johnny, stop! He is good. He knows, only him and my friend Giavanna know. It's okay."
I bring him up to the patio, this time Andrew is the one alarmed, he backs up uncertain.
I stare at him, "Andrew this is Johnny." I pause to smile and I look up at his blushing cheek bones, "my brother."
Andrew opens his mouth in shock and smiles, stretching his hand out for Johnny to grasp, he waits a few seconds , hesitating then he finally reveals his hand towards the guy I ran away from. He is still there, something about him just stays there. He won't leave my side, he meant what he said.
I remove the door out of my way and invite Johnny in, Andrew hesitates then follows.
I bring him upstairs to another guest room, "you will be staying here from now on. But u need a job, because I'm not paying for both of us with the money I make at target." I giggle, the first one I have gotten out, I'm happy.
I introduce the rest of the house, catching glimpses of Andrew sitting on my bed, waiting for me to enter.
I let Johnny take my car for a spin and explore the town, I walk into my room, staring at Andrew.
"What?" I question him, scared of his facial reactions.
He shakes his head, "you seem, aggravated/angry/ mad at me." He stands up assumption after assumption flowing out of his vocal cords, being brought to the atmosphere. I roll my eyes,
"You think you understand this? Me and my brother have gone through hell the past half year, or basically life and you think it doesn't give me a right to be angry?" I move forward, eyeing him "you have no clue because your perfect life, your perfect friends, literally a normal life reeks out of you and then you think you have the nerve to treat me like this?" I push him, "don't underestimate me, I have been through more than you and your perfect little life will ever go through!" I scream pushing him harder, "just go! Don't ever talk to me again.!" I scream frustrated trying to run out, although he grabs me before I can
"Bree!" He softens his face, and cups mine in his hands. " I can't leave you, I won't." He swallows hard. " my perfect little life isn't perfect. And your problems are officially mine too." He strengthens, "and that guy, your father, will never ever lay a hand on you." He leans in and kisses me hard, "I promise." He holds me into a hug and sits down on the bed bringing me with him, holding me next to him.
"I'm sorry." I say, "I just don't know what to do." I mutter.
He kisses me on the head, "it's okay. It all is."