•chapter 7•

I watch Camden try to sing a Beyoncé song, me and Andrew laughing as we sit, a cushion apart so it doesn't seem... weird I guess.
After he finishes singing he goes and sits down pushing his arm around Giavanna and she snuggles into him as he kisses her on the head. She blushes, it's so cute.
Andrew's phone starts buzzing and I see him step onto the patio. I turn off the t.v.
"How does.. Eating lunch blindfolded sound?" I chuckle
Giavanna raises her head
"YESSS! Let's do it!" She claps, excited as camden laughs and agrees.
I grab mustard, ketchup, a pickle, and broccoli.
I start off by grabbing a napkin, and placing the pickle in the middle of it.
I sprinkle broccoli after cutting it up and I finish by covering it in mustard and ketchup.
Even through the blindfold I see Camden's eyes squinting and his mouth forming a weird face as his head shakes, after he takes his first bite.
Giavanna laughs and speaks loudly,
"What is it?"she laughs harder
"I don't really wanna know but I tasted pickles, mustard and ketchup, and some sprinkled stuff." He pretends to vomit
"It was broccoli!" I clap my hands and laugh.
Giavanna leans in kissing his cheek after every few words,
"Good job!" *kiss* "baby" *kiss* "I love you!" *kiss*
I hold my hands up, to cover the view as they move their mouths to each other. Moving in perfect unison
"Stop! No pda in the house!" I laugh
Giavanna moves away, "heh pickle breath go brush your teeth!" She grabs a napkin and washes her mouth out.
Right about then Andrew walks in,
"What did I miss?" He opens his eyes wide, looking at the pickle covered in ketchup, mustard and broccoli.
I place my hands on the counter and tilt my head towards him "just some lunch."
Giavanna looks at him, "so.. who called?"
He looks away from me "caroline.." He sighs
Giavanna gives him a confused look, as if she wants more information.
"She got mad that I'm over here with other girls, it lead to a fight, and I think we could be broken up." He shrugs looks at me raising his eyebrows.
I look at him, "im sorry. you guys were a cute couple." I say sympathetically
He nods.
"So it's like 4:00, want to go grab a real bite to eat.. especially since it's way past lunch.?" He laughs pointing towards the door.
Camden walks down "yes real food!" He smiles.
Giavanna and I smile and roll our eyes together and dart upstairs to grab our purses.
We all hop in camden's truck, as Giavanna and camden are in the front, while me and Andrew are in the back.
We decided on a place called
'The Steak Grill' which apparently has really good steak, hinting the name, which Andrew offers to pay for because it's apparently really expensive and he doesn't want me to spend all my money. I laugh at that and tell him no, then we argue about it the rest of the car ride and finally Camden and him agree to pay for all of us together.
We pull into the parking lot, which is crowded but definitely not as crowded as it is inside, we agree on a booth which im guessing is the only open one and a very attractive guy seats us there and we wait for our waiter/waitress.
Finally an oversized lady comes up and asks us for our orders and we all get water and order our food right away.
We play paper football and I laugh as Andrew and Camden fail at beating me and Giavanna every time.
---------------------- ----- ---------------------------
Finally our food is brought to us and I stare as my steak sizzles with its fresh baked potato, which is covered in butter, (like I like it) along with my ripe and juicy vegetables placed in a small white cup. Andrew gets the same as me, as Camden and Giavanna get hamburgers and fresh fries with bright fruit. Dinner is a blast as we talk about some of the most embarrassing things that have happened to us. Like Andrew whenever he peed in a public pool because a kid scared him by squeezing a rubber duckey right next to him. Or me whenever I just learned about World War 1 and climbed up a tree to see if the British were coming, and I fell out of the tree and blamed my unbalanced self on the British . Camden used to think he was a Ninja Turtle and he would run around using his mom's bra as a mask, and Giavanna used to steal her dad's underwear and bury in in her yard because people at school told her fairies will come after her and steal all her dolls if she doesn't do so.
We finish our food, stuffed like miniature teddy bears and we move our way to the car, barely, after paying the check and we sing along to music the car ride home.
Giavanna and I are dropped back off at my house she kisses Camden goodbye and I wave Andrew a goodbye, and we dart upstairs changing into tank tops, shorts, high pony tails and fuzzy socks and we flick on a chick flick and Finish off the night with movies and ice cream.
Maybe life isn't as impossible as people put it to be, but all I do now is live in a different world because I'm not ready to face the other one, will I ever be? I can't be. My mother is gone and that can't be excepted yet.