Fear (of the Unknown)

"Ugh

"Ugh." Jackson moans as he walks into the attending's lounge, throwing himself on the couch next to Solace and putting his head in her lap, affectively pushing the papers she was reading out of the way.

"Well good morning to you too." Solace laughs, placing her papers down.

Jackson groans again, rubbing his temples as he makes himself more comfortable, "It's still morning?"

"Meeting not go well?" Solace gently replaces her husbands hands with her own, trying to help combat the headache she knows he probably has.

"That's an understatement." Jackson looks up to her, "Lawyer thinks we still have the chance of a full fledged lawsuit."

Solace lets out a small whistle, "Yeah, I saw that coming."

"And the worst part is Bailey still won't even apologize." Jackson shakes his head, "Says she didn't do anything wrong since she saved the boys life."

"But she saved his life by defying his parents wishes. They withdrew their consent. I get she saved him, but at the coast of taking away that choice from his parents. If that was Finn—"

"I know." Jackson sits up, interrupting Solace's rant. He's heard it several times since the board was made aware of the situation. Jackson has been dealing with the majority of the meetings with the hospitals lawyer. And despite the parents leaving and saying they weren't pressing charges, they had a year to come back and do it anyway. Plus, the board is still having their issues with how they should proceed with punishing Bailey. Solace is all for firing her, while the other board members, who have also done questionable things while working at the hospital, are trying to find another solution to the problem.

"We got everything to cover our bases if they do decide later on to press charges." Jackson soothes her, "And if they do, the hospital will cooperate fully."

"Good." Solace nods, "And what of Bailey?"

Jackson shakes his head, "I don't know. The board, minus you, of course, agreed that this will be an official mark on her record and she's on a definite period of probation until the board seems fit. With Yang leaving and the open seat we're going to have, we don't want any permanent decisions to be made."

Solace rolls her eyes, but nods. She knows she was outnumbered with wanting to fire the doctor, but she definitely doesn't think the punishment fits the crime, "Alright. But if she does something else and I have to say I told you so-"

"I'll happily let you say it." Jackson smiles, kissing her softly before laying his head back down in her lab, "Now let me take a quick nap."

"We have on call rooms, you know." Solace rolls her eyes but smiles down at him fondly when he peaks up at her with one eye, "I know, But you're in here."

———

The goodbye to Yang is one full of smiles, tears, and lots of dancing between Solace, Meredith, and Cristina.