What Is It About Men

Solace enters the busy ER, more patients coming in every few minuets from the comic convention, seeing people dressed up in strange costumes and the disorganized chaos, taking over.

Solace sighs, knowing her job just got that much harder with Hunt taking over as Chief of Surgery.

She walks over to her patient on bed 3, starting the exam. "Bend your knee for me." She orders him, seeing him flinch as she tests his reflex. "Good. Now your ankle, please."

"15, collector's edition replicas of the "Doctor Who" tardis in original packaging, signed by Russell T Davis," Her patient tells her, "Free to the first 15 people through the door, and I was there, right in the middle of it."

"Your other knee." Solace orders, not knowing understanding anything he was talking about was.

"I'm never in the middle of anything." He tells her, grunting as she applies pressure, "I have battle wounds."

She just nods her head a few times, wondering if she should check him for a concussion. The man was happy to be in the middle of a stampede, "All right. I'm gonna get you some painkillers, and then we'll get you up to X-Rays."

"Oh god, okay." He guy stammers, trying not to cry, "Um... Am I gonna walk again?"

"No." She shakes her head, before laughing, "I'm kidding. You're going to be fine, you just have a few broken toes."

"Just toes?"

"Yep. Just toes." Solace nods walking away as he asks if he at least gets a cast. After the scans are complete, she goes back to him, informing him of his diagnoses, "You broke 7 toes, well, five, technically. We don't really count pinky toes." She sets the scans aside, "So, we're going to tape 'em up and get you outta here."

"Tape?" He questions, "I survived a human stampede, and all I get is tape?"

Solace laughs at his sadness for not being more injured, "I'll get you some crutches too, since you won't have that good of balance." As she fills out his chart she glances back up at him, "What are you supposed to be?"

"I'm a hobbit." He tells her like its supposed to be clear.

"Like from Lord of The Rings?" Solace questions.

He smiles, "You know Lord of The Rings?"

Solace blinks at him, "Everyone knows Lord of The Rings."

"We're a gentle folk, Hobbits." Her patient assures her, "From a farming community called Shire. It's in the northwest corner of middle earth. We live a... simple life, but we crave adventure. And when we find it, some become hero's."

Solace just nods, not knowing what to say.

The man smiles at her, "You very much resemble Arwen, daughter of Elrond."

Solace frowns at him, "Did you just compare me to an elf?"