Things We Said Today

"Now once I remove the rural nerve from your leg, Dr

"Now once I remove the rural nerve from your leg, Dr.Torres will graft it on to Dr.Shepherd's median nerve." Jackson explains to Derek's sister Lizzie.

"Are you single?" She interrupts, "Because you are very attractive for a doctor."

"Lizzie." Derek scoffs.

She looks over at him, "What? I'm just being honest. I like to know about the doctor hacking into my leg."

Jackson laughs, "Uh, no. I'm not single. I'm very happy in my relationship."

"Hmmm." Lizzie hums, studying him, "But you're not married?"

"Not yet." Jackson shrugs, before getting back on track, "You'll likely experience some discomfort in your leg for a few weeks—"

"Months. Months." Derek interrupts now, "And when he says 'discomfort', it's gonna hurt like hell."

"Well, you're a bag of sunshine, aren't you?" Lizzie questions.

"I don't want to hear six months from now that you can't move and that the ibuprofen hurts your stomach." Derek argues.

Lizzie complains, "He makes me sound like I'm a 90 year old man. Have you noticed that?"

"Because I've heard for decades how I ruined you life..."

"Because you did."

"... And that mom doesn't love you."

"Because she doesn't."

"I don't want to hear about this."

Lizzie scoffs, "I think what you're trying to say is 'thank you, Lizzie, for cutting off a leg and giving it to me."

"Ah." Derek exclaims,"Here it is. This is how it's gonna go down in history. It is a nerve. It is not the entire leg."

"Okay. Let's focus. Jackson." Meredith stops their arguing.

"Um, I think Dr.Shepherd's right." He turns to Lizzie, "If you're unsure, we—"

"Oh, come on. I'm just winding him up because it is so easy. Just give me the form."

Jackson slides the paper across the table to her, watching her sign it. Once she's done she looks up to Derek, "Can I go hang out with Zola in day care now?"

"I'll take you." Meredith nods, standing up to leave with her. Once the girls are gone, Jackson turns to Derek,

"I see now why you say Solace is your favorite sister, even though you have 5."

Derek scoffs a laugh, sitting in one of the chairs. He leans his head back, "Because she is."

Jackson watches him, "You look like you could use a pick me up."

"You have one?" Derek asks.

Jackson stands, smiling, "Go talk to Solace, she has one."

***