Heart Shaped Box

Alex rushes up to Solace as she sits at the ER nurses desk, "Did you know Robbins was already interviewing people for the fellowship program?"

"Uh, yeah?" Solace looks up to him, "Why?" Solace studies him, "Are you freaking out? You look like you're freaking out."

"Shut up." Alex scoffs, storming away. He bumps into Jackson as he leaves, making the man raise an eyebrow at Solace, "What's his problem? He usually doesn't get moody till lunch."

Solace rolls her eyes, "He's feeling insecure and instead of just talking about it, he is going to stuff all of his feelings way down and avoid them."

"Ah." Jackson nods. He stares at the girl, giving her a charming smile, "Did you, uh, do something different with your hair? It looks nice."

"What do you want?" Solace narrows her eyes at him.

"Get me off of plastics?" Jackson asks her, "Just for today. I just— I need a break."

Solace tilts her head in confusion, "Don't you have that big surgery today? Why wouldn't you want to do that?"

"Just, please? Just take me off of Sloan's service?"Jackson begs.

"So, everyone's just going to stuff their emotions down and avoid them today, then?" Solace asks.

"Yep." Jackson nods, walking away, "Thank you, you're the best."

"I didn't agree!" Solace yells after him.

Jackson points at her, "But you didn't say no."

Solace rolls her eyes, switching his service and giving it to Alex, who could probable use a pick me up.

***

"Adler!" Solace hears Mark yell out to her as she waits for the elevator. She sighs, wishing she had time to run, but the man gets to her faster, "Why, oh why, is Karev on my service instead of Avery?"

Solace doesn't turn to look at him, just continues to wait for the elevator, "Well rounded education, and all that."

"No." Mark shakes his head, "Change it back."

Solace frowns at him, holding up one finger, "Um, First off, that is not how we ask for things." She puts two fingers up, "Secondly, Jackson asked me to switch him out this morning, so if you want to yell and demand something from someone, do it to him."

"Why would Avery do that?" Mark questions her.

Solace sighs, "I don't know Mark." The elevator finally arrives, Solace walking in, only to be followed by the attending, "So, we're not done with this conversation? Super."

"Now who's not being nice?" Mark raises a brow.

Solace leans up against the wall, "I'm never nice."

"You're always nice." Mark counters, "Besides, I also wanted to talk to you about your boyfriend."

"Why?" Solace frowns.