Remeber The Time

2 days in the woods

2 days in the woods

"Solace" Jackson tries to shake the girl awake, "Solace, hey, come on." The girl stays sleeping, making the young man anxious, "Solace, baby, come on. get up."

After a few more seconds, the girls eyes flutter open, making him give out a sigh of relief. He brushes the hair from her dirty, bloody face, "You gotta stay awake, okay?"

"I'm tired." The girl croaks out, eyes fluttering still.

"I know. I know you're tired. But just stay awake." Jackson tells her, making her sit up more so she's not laying down, "Stay awake."

Solace mumbles something as her eyes close again, only to reopen them when Jackson, again shakes her, "Stay awake, Solace. You stay awake for me."

The girl nods her head, trying her hardest to stay awake for the man.

***

3 days in the woods

"We're going to die out here." Solace mumbles, desperately. She screams out as Jackson changes the shirt on her wound, not having anything to clean it, but trying to keep the environment from it.

"Don't say that." Jackson scolds. "We're not dying out here."

Solace shakes her head weakly, "I can't take anymore."

"Yes, you can." Jackson argues, "You're strong. You can take more."

Solace closes her eyes, trying to swallow, but her mouth and throat are dry and raw, "I'm sorry jacks. I'm sorry."

Jackson grab's Solace's face, "No. You stay awake. You hear me, you stay awake. you're not allowed to give up."

"I'm sorry." Solace shakes her head, succumbing to the sleep her body so desperately craves.

"Don't leave me, Solace." She can hear Jackson's voice, hopeless and distressed, but she can't open her eyes, "Don't leave me. Don't leave me alone."

***

4 hours after being rescued

"Jackson." Solace calls out, "I need Jackson. Where's Jackson?" She's trying to get out of the bed she's in, one of the nurses trying to hold her down, "No, get off me, I need Jackson." She cries out.

At some point, they sedate the girl, like everyone else, in order to get them on the plane and back to Seattle. But it doesn't stop the girl, even in her sleep, to call out for Jackson. All she want's is Jackson.

***

3 days after being rescued

"She has extensive damage to her left shoulder, and the infection is worsening. I think we should amputate."