Can't Fight This Feeling

"And you're going to be here all day?" Jackson asks her, for the tenth time that morning

"And you're going to be here all day?" Jackson asks her, for the tenth time that morning. She's due in 4 days, and the closer it gets, the more over bearing he gets, which she didn't think he was possible of.

"I plan on picking up that order from target, but other than that, yes, I will be home all day." Solace nods.

Jackson sighs in relief, "Okay. Good. Are you sure you don't just want to hang out in the hospital?"

Solace looks over at him, eyebrow raised, "Two weeks ago you were begging me to stay home."

"I know, but, it might be safer if you're at the hospital. If anything happens you're all alone here—"

"Jackson." Solace stands up form the couch, with only a little trouble, grabbing both of his hands, "Everything will be fine. I'm not due for another 4 days, and I'm not feeling any sort of labor symptoms. I will be okay."

"I could stay home, start paternity leave early—"

Solace cuts him off, "No, you need to go in. We agreed you'd start when the baby arrived. We both will be off work for awhile and then Meredith and Derek will be gone when we get back. The hospital needs you for as long as you can work."

Jackson nods, knowing the girl is right. The hospital and the board wont be at full capacity for a few months, "Okay." He kisses her, turning to grab his bag and coat. He opens the door to leave, turning over his shoulder to her, "You'll call me if you need me?"

Solace laughs, "Yes. Now go." Pushing him out the door. Once she closes it she looks down to her stomach, "Your daddy is crazy. He's lucky he's so cute."

***

Jackson is in the ER when the big explosion happens.

"What the hell happened?" Someone shouts.

Jackson pulls out his phone, "Tanker blew! Everyone get ready for more patients in-bound. Someone call the burn unit, make sure they have beds. Start paging for more hands."

He walks to one of the hallways, calling Solace. He doesn't giver her a chance to speak when she answers, "Solace! Are you okay? Where are you? Are you near the accident?"

"What accident?" Solace asks, mouth full of ice cream.

"Are you underwater right now?!"

Solace swallows, "Jackson, stop worrying. I'm at home eating ice cream."

"I'm sorry." Jackson sighs, rubbing his hand down his face, "I just have this bad feeling."

"Don't tell me that!" Solace shouts, "You're supposed to be the level headed one."

"Just don't leave the house today, okay?" Jackson begs, "We have incoming traumas, but I'll try to get these done and come home. Maybe I'll start my leave early."