Going, Going, Gone

"Steph, I need a favor

"Steph, I need a favor." Jo walks up to her fellow intern, "I'll do you scut for a week— two weeks and before you say no, I just want to say you look really pretty today."

"No." Stephanie scoffs.

"You don't even know what I'm asking." Jo whines.

Steph scoffs again, "Yes, I do. And it's no. You're on Medusa today. I'm on Nyx, which, truthfully, is just as bad."

"Damn it." Jo throws her head back. Both girls walk stop as they reach the end of the hallway, staring at the nurses station where Meredith and Solace are filling out charts.

"Nothing to be scared of. She's just an attending. We only call her Medusa because—"

Stephanie cuts her off, "Because she's a monster of mythic proportions. And Nyx is the goddess of darkness, because she's dark and scary, and is feared even by the other attending's."

Solace looks up from her chart, feeling eyes on her, and seeing the two inters staring. She rolls her eyes, "Edwards, lets go." She calls out, starting to walk to the pit, "If you have time to chit chat you have time for scut ladies."

Meredith sends her friend an amused smile as she passes, which Solace ignores, but does whisper under her breath, "Later Medusa." Earning a laugh from the blonde.

***

Solace meets up with Jackson for lunch, sitting next to him in the cafeteria and opening her salad she bought. Jackson looks over, leaning to kiss her temple, "Well hello pretty lady."

Solace smiles, "Hello."

"How has your day been?" Jackson questions.

Solace shrugs, "Fine. Been in the pit most of the day."

Jackson nods, trying to act nonchalant, "No surgeries?"

"Nope." Solace replies, popping a carrot in her mouth. She's been taking light cases, and all her surgeries have been handed to Hunt and Alex since the crash. She's nervous. Her shoulder doesn't hurt anymore, but the damage done to it was extensive, having been in the woods for 4 days. It took awhile for the infection from the burns not being properly cleaned, to go away. The nerve damage has only really caused her problems at night when she tries to sleep.

She's just worried, that perhaps, having to be in the OR, where her arm is at the same position for hours, will cause a problem. One that means she can't do it. She's finally getting better. Learning she can't perform surgery is not something she can handle right now.

Jackson watches as she eats her salad, knowing the fears that are running through her head. He has the same ones. Him, Cristina, and Meredith are the lucky ones from the crash, not having and physical injuries to take home from the woods with them. But the mental ones, those will haunt him until he dies. Almost all of them revolving around Solace. He feels partly to blame for her shoulder. It's his job to help with these types of burns, he knows exactly what to do, and yet, he couldn't. Not out there.