Shock to the System

"Owen washed my hair

"Owen washed my hair." Cristina looks to Meredith and Solace as they sit on the bench in the locker room before rounds, "And then he told me to eat this grainy nut bar. And he booked me into surgery this morning. He is in charge of me. I'm a bride, and I'm going with it."

"But trauma guy didn't clear you." Meredith smiles.

"Yeah, but he said he'll figure that out." Cristina shrugs.

"Yes!" Lexi turns around, addressing the other people in the locker room, "I am the crazy one that freaks out and screams at people. Like— like that."

Meredith turns to look at the spectators too, "Go gawk at each other for awhile." Turning to Lexi after, "Are you okay?"

"Would everybody please just stop asking me if I am okay? Okay?" Leaving the room.

Cristina turns back to Meredith and Solace, "He clear you yet?"

Meredith makes a face.

"No? Still?"

"I resorted to tears. I wore bad mascara so he wouldn't miss them." Meredith tells them.

"What—what did Derek say?" Cristina takes a bit of her nut bar.

"Oh, I will be avoiding him today." Meredith shakes her head.

Solace snorts, "Because you left him in the pokey."

"Yeah." Meredith scrunches her nose. Both girls turn to Solace, Meredith asking, "Have you been cleared yet?"

Solace shakes her head, "Nope." Grabbing her coat as she stands, "Which is why I will be in the clinic if you need me." Walking out of the room with a wave over her shoulder.

"I'm worried about her." Meredith says, "Has she talked to you at all?"

Cristina shakes her head, "I thought she was talking to you."

Both girls stare at each other for a minute before turning back to the door Solace had walked out of.

"Crap."

***

Solace sits across from Meredith in the patient lounge, eating her lunch while watching the wheel of fortune on the tv in the corner. Cristina comes over, sitting down next to Meredith, looking up to the tv before over to her friend, "Really?"

"This is what I'm cleared to do." Meredith slouches down, "I'm cleared to solve this puzzle."

Solace speaks up, "No, don't buy a vowel, you idiot."

"Scarlet Pimpernel." Cristina solves the puzzel.

Meredith looks over at her, "How did you— there was one 'c' and an 'm'."

Solace just sighs, "Well there goes my lunch time entertainment."

"Have you talked to Derek yet about the—" Cristina asks.