Love or Surgery

"Lexi and Alex?" Solace asks Meredith

"Yes."

"Lexi Grey and Alex Karev?"

Meredith glares over at her, "Would you stop asking me? Yes! In bed together. Naked."

"Sorry, it's just—"

"Disgusting? Abnormal? Should be illegal?" Meredith lists off.

Solace nods, "All of the above, really."

"You can't tell anyone." Meredith gives her a look. Solace raises her hands in a surrender pose, "Hey, don't look at me. You're the one that almost told Izzie."

"I know." Meredith sighs. Solace looks over at her, "Hey, have you talked to Cristina yet?"

"No, I've been too busy. Why? Whats going on?"

Solace shakes her head, "You need to talk to her."

"Is it as big as Alex and Lexi sleeping together and Izzie coming back the same day?" She questions.

"Bigger."

Meredith deflates, "Crap."

***

Solace heads down to the cadaver lab with her food, shaking her head as she enters and takes a seat by Cristina, in front of Alex, "You know, I find it worrying that I'm the only one disturbed that you all want to eat lunch by the dead bodies."

"We're surgeons, sunshine." Cristina scolds her, "We're around bodies all the time."

"Not dead ones." Solace shakes her head, "If you're a surgeon and you're constantly around dead bodies, you're not a very good surgeon."

"Whatever." Cristina waves her off, "Answer the question." She turns to Alex.

"What question?" Solace asks her, unwrapping her sandwich.

"Okay, if you had to choose between the thing you love— surgery— and the person you love, which would you choose?"

Meredith pipes up from where she's practicing her upcoming surgery, "You would choose Izzie, right, Alex? Because you two are gonna get back together."

"Shut up."

"Why do you have to choose?" Solace tilts her head, "I want both."

"I'm with Solace, surgery and love."Jackson agrees with her.

"No, you— you can't have both." Cristina shakes her head.

"Why the hell not?"

Cristina turns to Solace, "Why the hell is he here?" Making the girl laugh.

"I said he could be in here because he's in the Whipple, too." Meredith defends him.

Solace shrugs, "Doesn't bother me. If he keeps agreeing with what I say he can always eat lunch with us."