White Wedding

"Callie, Callie slow down

"Callie, Callie slow down." Solace says on the phone, "Wait, wait, wait, what? Your mother said what? Okay, okay, no. Stay there. Okay? I'll come to you."

Solace hangs up the phone, turning to walk down the hallway when someone bumps into her, she looks up to see Meredith, "Hey," She notices the state she's in, "Wow, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Meredith puts her hands up.

Solace nods, not really believing her, "You sure?"

"Oh, you're done avoiding me now?" Meredith raises a brow at the girl, rolling her eyes before she continues to walk away. Solace stares after her, thinking of going after her, only to get another text from Callie.

When she arrives to Callie's apartment, she see's her there, crying. Solace goes over to her, sitting beside her and wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "Hey, it's okay, Callie."

"It's not okay! She, she— I'm her daughter! She told me I wasn't getting into heaven and then told me I wasn't a bride and this isn't a wedding because I'm marrying a woman." Callie cries, "And then she called my daughter a bastard and left."

"She what?!" Solace screams, flabbergasted anyone could be so cruel. She shakes her head, knowing now was not the right tie to be angry, this was about Callie, and helping her. "Callie, look at me."

The woman looks up, making Solace sigh at her tears, "She's wrong." Before she can be protested, she continues, "She's wrong, okay? I believe in the after life. I believe all those that are inherently good go. I believe you are one of the most beautiful brides I've ever seen. I believe your marriage to Arizona is just as real as any. And I believe Sophia is one of the luckiest little girls alive to have not 1 or 2, but 3 wonderful parents who love her, and would never make her feel how you feel right now."

Callie listens to what Solace says, nodding along. When she's done, she wipes her tears, a small smile on her face, "Thank you."

Solace shrugs, "Anytime."

***

The next day, while at the nurses station going over some charts, someone grabs Solace's, dragging her into the on call room.

"Meredith, what the hell?" The girl exclaims.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Meredith starts pacing back and forth, "I just— I needed someone to talk to and Cristina is in surgery and I also needed to apologize to you for yesterday so— I thought, why not now."

"Okay." Solace says slowly, "But I'm the one that needs to apologize. I've been avoiding you and thats— I shouldn't have because it wasn't anything you've done."

"Then what was it?"

Solace sighs, "Jackson."

Meredith stops pacing, looking at the girl, "Jackson? What does Jackson have to do— Oh. Because of Lexi."