It's A Long Way Back

Solace walks into Callie's room, seeing her forlorn face, "Up for a visitor?"

Solace has been keeping Callie company as much as she can. Seeing her come in a week ago, in critical condition, almost losing her and the baby, it was horrible.

"Only if you have pictures of my baby." Callie tells her.

Solace smiles, pulling out her phone, "I think I've taken more than Mark at this point."

"Gimmie, gimmie." Callie calls her over. Solace flips through the photos for her, letting her take each one in. She wipes the stray tear that falls down Callie's face, not even mentioning it. She can't imagine what she's going through.

Solace's pager goes off, making her stand up, "I'll be back later, okay?"

"With more pictures?" Callie looks at her hopefully.

"With more pictures." Solace promises, walking out of the room.

As she gets to the locker room, quickly changing into her scrubs, Meredith comes in behind her, "Hey, how was your date last night?"

Solace continues to change, not looking at her, "Uh, yeah, it was good."

"Yeah?" Meredith asks, "Is there going to be another one?"

"Maybe." Solace shrugs, "I gotta go, Hunt paged me." She walks out of the room.

Solace isn't meaning to ice Meredith out, she just doesn't know how to talk to her right now. Solace feels horrible for having feelings for Jackson, who is dating or at least sleeping with Lexi, who is Meredith's sister. She agreed to the date with Luke and, it went great. It really did. He was funny and charming and Solace could see herself being with him. If she didn't already have feeling's for Jackson. A guy who is sleeping with her best friend's sister.

Yeah, not a great position to be in.

She follows Hunt into the patients room, listening to him try and persuade her to stop smoking, "Mrs.Pulcher, you're gonna have to stop smoking."

"Your infections are getting worse." Solace tells her.

"Your infections, you mean." The woman points to Hunt and Solace, "I didn't have them before you two idiots operated. You didn't even do that right."

Hunt shares a glance with Solace, before turning back to the patient, "Again, I am sorry, but your lung cancer had spread to the point that we couldn't—"

"Please. Useless." The patient interrupts. "I can afford any hospital in the world, and I come to this third rate crap factory. When am I getting outta here? I've been here for three weeks. This is not Guantanamo."

Solace whispers to Hunt, "I will pay you if you let me discharge her. Please."

Hunt sends her an amused look, "There is not much more that we can do unless you are willing to help yourself. Not the smoking—"