Chapter 185: The Coming of the King

Depuis le début

Vangelis: You dare!

Mechanic: Listen to the two of you. King of this, empress of that. Where I come from, we call people like you "kiss ups".

Ciara: For once, the Mechanic is right. 

Mechanic: Hah, see?!

Overlord: (He silences the villains. Faces Lloyd.) Witness my power, Son of Garmadon, and see that resistance is useless! Join me. I offer you a chance. Stand by Harumi's side and do my bidding as she does. (He looks into Lloyd's eyes.) And...earn something of what you think that you've lost. (He stands up and summons his powers.) Refuse, and be destroyed. The choice is yours.

Lloyd: (He looks at the Overlord confused before shaking his head.) Thing is, sometimes I like to order off the menu. So I'm going with choice number three. 

Overlord: Choice number three?

Lloyd: Escape and live to fight another day! 

(Lloyd swings on his chain, knocking back the Crystal King and Vangelis. The Scythe of Destruction hits the crystal.)

Vangelis: No!

(Lloyd's chains break and he stands up. The Crystal Island tips and Lloyd escapes.)

Lloyd: Thanks for hosting the party, guys. But I think I'll be going now! 

Ciara: (She throws her knive at Lloyd, but misses.) Ugh, come on!

Mechanic: Why did you use your shuriken? (He waves his shuriken of destruction.) 

Ciara: I like my knives, deal with it.

Overlord: Fools! Stop him! (He rights the Crystal Island.) After him! Destroy him! Do not let him get to Cell #1! 

Council: Yes, Lord! (All but Harumi leave to pursue Lloyd.)

Overlord: What is it, Quiet One? (Looking at the pink crystal in the middle.) You understand my plan only works if the last two Heroes stay apart. 

Harumi: (Behind the Overlord.) I know. But Lloyd doesn't have to be destroyed to keep him apart from Crystal. Let me try to convince him, to— to reason with him.

Overlord: That time has passed. He made his choice. For my plan to succeed and for me to complete the prophecy is for you to do as I command. Destroy the Green Ninja, and I will make sure that Light Ninja and us unite forces. 

Harumi: But- Lloyd may be easy to manipulate, but Crystal is- she's- she's a more complicated case. 

Overlord: The Mistress of Darkness will join us. 

Harumi: How can you be so sure?

Overlord: She will. (He turns to Harumi.) Once she has time to understand that whatever she's ever done has been for nothing. Once she accepts the fact that everyone she truly cared about is gone. And once she figures out that Light cannot win with the Green Ninja gone. She will join the Darkness and finish the prophecy she was created to fulfil. 

Harumi: Yes, but Lloyd-

Overlord: (He points at Harumi.) This plan only works if you eliminate the only one left in our path. The grandson of the First Spinjitzu Master. Destroy him, in front of the Child of the Dragon and Oni if possible. Do I make myself clear?

Harumi: (She looks away.) It...will be done.

(Meanwhile, in the temple, Lloyd attempts to find an exit as he runs through the hallway.)