Ch. 30:just a diamond in the rough

October 30

I was finishing setting up for Halloween. I can't wait I love it, and it's tomorrow, we're going to a party downtown. And I can't wait, I am going to be dressing up as Harley Quinn, but with a good twist, think of this as Harley Quinn zombified, and fallen. I got my new special effects pallet. And black eyeshadow, eyeliner. And a new prosthetic. I am going to love hallloweeeeeeen!

October 31,2025

I woke up to the most glorious day of the year, Halloween. I went to the kitchen and saw my dogs cuddled together. I smiled and turned on my playlist, and the first song to play was killswitch engage. I got out cookies and I made the batter last night, I got that out, baked the cookies. In the oven. Got out the hard boiled eggs, Mayo, mustard, bacon bits, and garlic out. And for my dry ingredients, I got salt, pepper, and paprika. And I got that ready.

Two hours later

I heard a knock at the door, and I just got out of the shower, and into a Halloween dress. I went to the door and answered it, I saw Dustin, I had raging thoughts running through my head, but he looked like a mess. I said, " hello spdustin. Happy Halloween." He said, " Haley why aren't you answering my calls?" I said, " you broke up with me and I am fine with that. So what's your excuse?"

He said, " I never broke up with you, my phone was hacked Haley. I got a new one." I said, " I am sorry I had my heart shattered one to many times. But do you know who it was?" He said, " yeah. Step witch." I couldn't help but slightly laugh, " that woman has it cut out for me." He said, " but please Haley, I never did anything. I can't eat, sleep, I can't even think straight." I said, " what do you mean you can't eat"

He did look almost like bones. He said, " I haven't eaten, since October 15,2025." I said, " nope you mister are eating. I made deviled eggs, cookies. Come in I won't let you starve." He did and said, " Haley I have been a mess without you. Please can we be like jack and sally again."

I blushed and said, " sure. But what do you want to eat." I took the cookies out, and he said, " well I never tried your cooking yet, and it smells amazing." I blushed and he tried a deviled egg, and got up and gave me a hug, " this is amazing." I said, " aww thanks Dustin."

I said getting out one more thing, " also I am gonna make a Halloween appetizer wanna help?" He said, " sure?" I said, " okay. Hey are you busy tonight?" He replied, " no I was gonna stay in the house tonight why?" I replied, " will you be my date tonight to a Halloween party mr.j?" He blushed, " yes mrs. Quinn. I would be delighted." I smiled and he then said, " but I do not have a costume. I had a smile appear and said, " can you be my Guinea pig with special effects makeup?" He replied, " sure? What do you do?"

I said, " I have a body paint pallet, makeup pallet, liquid latex, prosthetics, and one hell of a halloween head." He said, " well then I will be a guide for you." I squealed and said, " okay, and I will text liana and lauren saying that you are coming with me." He nodded and said, " when is the party?" I replied, " it's eight to ten." He nodded and we cooked and cleaned. And watched a movie, let the dogs out, then continued watching the movie.

Soon it was time. Eeee.

Four hours later

I think the most time for Dustin's makeup was for his hand, it took a hour and a half. Totally worth it though. You know I just thought of this, were going to be driving down the highway with just full makeup on. And we look scary, that's something you do not do everyday.

I said, " okay I'm done. You can look now." I gave him a mirror and he said, " this is so cool. But you look freaky babe." I said, " aww thank you. You do to, this is why I love Halloween, you get to scare the crap out of people without getting into trouble." He gave me a light hug, and then I said, " oops I got blood on ya." He Smiled, " so I don't care. I love you mrs.quinn." I blushed and said, " I love you to joker." He was dressed up as the modern teenage version of joker.