78 Rion

Our father is the God of Shadows. Alden and Evander were just as shocked as I was. To consider that we had even a fraction of god blood in us scared the Hells out of me. But what scared me more was that learning Bexian, this whole time, was my father. Tarrent, Nik's father, looked at my brothers and I with assessment. There was no way the male didn't know who we were before now, not with the information he held from Lambert. I thought about the Goddess of Death, Viatrix, calling me the son of Pheawen. If I was the result of two gods, wouldn't that also make me one? I rubbed my chin at the disturbing thought and Eliza watched me with concern. It would explain the violence and strength inside of me. The reason I was so afraid to be with Eliza in the first place.

"What ails you?" Atiweh asked from the ground. She took in the emotionless mask I wore and saw right through it.

"You must be mistaken. Viatrix, she–"

Atiweh stood at once and placed her delicately strong hands on my face. Any attempts I made to back away were utter failures. "So, you are who Viatrix speaks to. She has told me of you."

I let loose a breath and searched the goddess's stark green eyes. I wasn't insane. The voices of the Goddess of Death were not in my mind alone. "You can hear her?" I asked, unsure.

"Of course, I can. She is our eyes and ears in the north part of Tarsen. Erix and Pheawen trapped her in stone during the war."

I shook my head in disbelief. Her statue was warm. She was... is still alive. Eliza gasped, catching on. "Your aunt has been trapped for some time now. There is no reason to feel pity."

My aunt. So, I am indeed the son of Pheawen.

"What are you talking about?" Nik demanded the Goddess of Life.

Atiweh released me to stand by Tarrent's side and placed a hand on his shoulder before answering Nik.

"It would seem you and the heirs at your side are not the only Valkyrie here. Actually, if I were to venture, and I am rarely wrong, I would guess most of you here are. Valkyrie, by nature, are drawn to their own kind."

The female paused to grin at Tarrent, then brought her attention back to em noce more. "You are Rion, the eldest of Erix's children and the son of Pheawen. Before you ask, no, you are not a god. Erix was already trapped in his Elf body by the time you were conceived. You are in fact a Valkyrie. And," she looked at my brothers, "though you have a different mother, I would say you two are also Valkyrie. Your mother, Cirilla, was half Elf and half Fae. If Erix was able to have any access to his god side, it is entirely possible for you two to have the required three blood lines."

Atiweh looked around at our group of friends. "You," she pointed at Emyr, "Your father is an Elf, who has ruled Ashburn for a very long time, glamoured by our very talented Slater. Viatrix has been aiding Hesper as much as she can in her current state. Ameer and Sorin." Atiweh clasped her hands behind her back and approached them. "Your father is an Elf and a dear friend of mine. Ameer, your mother is Fae. Sorin, your mother is half human, half Fae."

She made her way around us, naming our lineage and blood lines. Faolan, a Valkyrie of Faolin's direct line. Callion, Nik, Taury. All Valkyrie. When Atiweh made it to Dath, she paused. "You are not like the others. Valkyrie, yes, but I scent it was not from the birth of blood lines." She sniffed the air around him and he shifted uncomfortably. "You smell of Erix. How?"

Before Dath could open his mouth, Nik came to his defense, explaining the bargain magic and how Dath stole the power that was owed him. Atiweh smiled, showing tiny sharp teeth. "Good. So, his power changed you entirely then. With wings and power like that you will be a great asset in taking him down."