73 Nik

Luava was as beautiful as Ameer claimed and the ride here seemed to be longer than when we first arrived, a testament to the vastness of the kingdom. A bunch of us decided to take advantage of the calm before the storm and traverse the city of arts. The king said traveling to the other cities was not a good idea today since hurricanes were unpredictable and could make landfall early. Though the city prepared, their colorful shops and venues remained open. Fae conjured banks of dirt and rock to protect their buildings and I even heard a few claim they would cast a shield once the storm actually hit while we walked the streets.

Some human children ran by us as we passed a sweet shop. A small Fae wolf chased after them with their tongue hanging out of their mouth. Faolan laughed at the game earning a glowing look from his lover. As tempting as the sweets were, it wasn't our destination. At least not yet if Sera had anything to say about it on the way back. For now, Ameer was taking us to a rather large building at the heart of the city. We left our carriage at the end of the street, preferring to walk the rest of the way and see the sights. The building we aimed for was already bustling with people waiting outside. The styles of clothing in Aegran were a pleasant variety.

I took note of some hints of Ashburn's flowing shirt and pants on some Fae. On others, were brightly colored patterns wrapping around bodies with a single piece of fabric. Some females adorned head coverings with designs just as intricate. Others had half their hair covered to allow variations of locks and braids loose. As the crowd thickened, and my friends' smiles grew, I noticed that there were even people in different versions of dresses and suits. No matter the gender, everyone was decorated for the event. A male stranger took in my own dress with appreciation, and I took in his billowing skirts and tight cropped shirt.

Next to Callion, Jakota tapped Jaixin's chin lightly, "You're drooling, love." The male stranger grinned wildly as he swished his skirts and turned to weave through the crowd. Jaixin pinned after him and Jakota laughed before yanking him to his mouth. Lilta pouted playfully, but not for long before they both turned their affections on her. Callion rolled his eyes with a grin and Alden sighed dramatically.

"The show will begin soon," Ameer announced a foot away while angling his body back to us. He was dressed to impress as well. The most put together I had ever seen him, and he was utterly relaxed in his home kingdom. His locks were adored with golden beads, and some were wrapped with thin gold cords. He wore no crown, but there was no mistaking the heir of Aegran in an outfit like that. Emerald green suede tunic that reached below his waste and matching slacks that rippled in racing ocean wind. Ameer didn't miss the attention I was giving him, and he gave me a once over. When he finally reached my heated face, I was met with coals of amber.

Rayze bounced on the balls of her feet, trying to see over the crowd. "Don't worry, everyone will be able to see." Ameer peeled his attention from me as he addressed her.

As if on que, there was a large blast of sound and the domed building before us began to move. One quick search over the crowd, and I could see a mass of Aero Masters circling the bottom of the building with their hands in the air. I gasped at the sight of so many Fae lifting the building's dome in the air like a golden umbrella bringing color to the storm clouds in the sky. The building itself opened up like a book to reveal a glittering black stage with an orchestra already poised for the conductor's down beat. The conductor dipped his baton right as the Masters concluded their enormous display of flaying the opera house apart to the streets. The music reverberated though the apartments and shops around us as if the area was built like a heartbeat bringing life to the city. Rayze was laser focused on the music in awe with Faolan and Evander listening intently to the quick melody.

I searched my friends and tears sprung to my eyes at the sight. Dath stood nearby keeping his attention on the crowd for any threats, but I didn't miss the sway of his body as he took in the music. Rion held Eliza from behind with his arms wrapped around her chest and her head falling back onto his shoulder. Emyr held Syphor's hand and he kissed her head. Sera and Zither ball danced in their small area of the crowd. Alden's jaw was slack as he watched the musicians use their instruments with expert ease. Taury held back tears, always hating when she cries and Garren grasped her by the shoulder in comfort. Mohan was immersed, trying his best to understand the emotion the music bled. Reed, the grumpy old male, had his arms crossed and chewed his cheek. But I knew he was into the concert as well. Callion watched Jakota with pride and he embraced his two lovers. Ameer's attention was already on me when my gaze circled back to him.