26

Mahir: Why did you come here?

Bela: Mahir, please ...

Mahir: What Mahir please? What the hell are you doing? At one time you are behaving like you love me and at the very next moment you behave as if I don't exist. Why did you say so many dialogues yesterday and why did you.... You think I am a fool, right?

Mahir tries leaving but Bela blocks his way and doesn't let him go.

Mahir: Bela, let me go.

Bela: No, I wil not let you go till I talk to you properly.

Mahir: Pari is sleeping alone. We can't leave her like that.

Bela: but... (Realises Mahir is right and she moves aside).

As Mahir starts unlocking the door, Bela hugs him from back and says, " Whatever I told you yesterday night is true. I am not faking my love towards you. I genuinely love you. Please give me some time. I will explain everything to you very soon."

Though Mahir tries his best not to, a smile erupts on Mahir's face. Still pretending to be angry, Mahir removes Bela's hands and walks back to their room. He sees Pari sleeping at a corner and slowly climbs on bed and lies down beside her. Bela also enters the room, locks the door from inside and lies on bed. She turns towards Mahir and keeps her head on his chest. Mahir doesn't react but is happy from inside.

Bela: You are only one I wanna share my life with. I swear on our daughter. Please have patience.

Mahir puts his hand around Bela making her move more close to him. Both soon fall asleep. Few days pass by. Mahir keeps observing how Bela is behaving sweetly with him while they are alone yet she is being extra friendly to Varun whenever he is around. He doesn't question her and decides to wait until Bela herself tells him what is going on.

Everybody is sitting at the table for dinner. Suddenly Varun stands up, takes up a plate and starts beating on its back with a spoon making noise. Everyone close their ears due to the sudden disturbing noise.

Sumitra shouts: Varun! Stop! What's wrong with you?

Varun stops making noise, keeps the plate and spoon and shouts, " Bela agreed to marry me. "

Bela gets shocked and looks at Varun who assures her its fine. She then looks at Pari who is confused as to what Varun is saying while Mahir is fuming in anger. He holds the water glass so tight that it breaks hurting his palm. Bela rushes to him to clean the wound with tears in her eyes but Mahir shrugs her off and then leaves from there.

Sumitra feels bad for Mahir and goes after him while Neha and Vikram get very upset hearing it. They take Pari away with them to their room. Bela tries going after Mahir but Varun holds her hand and says, " Its ok Bela. Give him some time to deal with it. Talk to him later. "

Andy: Varun, I didn't know you are that immature. How do you think we will be ok with you marrying Bela? She is already married to your brother.

Varun: I know and everyone here knows that its all a fake marriage, a marriage just to make sure my daughter has a father's name. But things don't work that way. I Love Bela and she loves me. We have been engaged before, we have a daughter and we should get married as soon as possible.

Andy: what about Mahir?

Varun: What about him? He has to accept the fact.

Andy: And how are you going to explain all this to Pari? Do you think she will understand that?

Varun: We will manage everything. You don't worry. Just call a priest and ask him to find a date for our engagement.

Bela: Varun! Its too early to talk about all these. Please let me go and talk to Mahirji. He must be very upset that I didn't speak to him about this privately before announcing it to everyone.

Varun: But...

Bela, without listening to Varun, freed her hand and rushes to their room. She sees Sumitra tending to Mahir's wound and is about to enter the room when Sumitra shouts, " You have no right to enter this room. "

Bela: maa please .. i want to speak to Mahirji privately.

Mahir: Don't worry, I will sign the divorce papers whenever they get ready.

Bela : Maa please, give us few minutes.

Sumitra nods her head in yes and leaves the room silently. Bela locks the door from inside and rushes to Mahir. She caresses his hand while tears flow from her eyes.

Mahir: What is all this, Bela? Why did you give me fake hopes when you know you are not going to fulfill them?

Bela: I never promised anything that I don't want to fulfill. I know what I am doing. Please Mahirji, don't feel bad.

Mahir: I should have realised long before that I have to see this day.

Bela: Mahirji, please...

Mahir wipes her tears and says, " You don't feel bad for me. Rejection isn't new for me. I am habitual to it. Have a great life. I am sorry for making a scene. You should be happy that you are going to get married to the one you love. "

Bela: Mahirji, I...

Mahir cuts her words and says, " I will be fine soon. I will even attend your every pre marital ritual and also the marriage ceremony. Don't worry about me. "

Bela silently walks away from the room unable to say anything. She holds her nuptial chain and cries, unable to see the pain Mahir is going through.

To be continued...