4

Mahir lies on his bed and looks at the marriage photo in front of him.

Mahir: Everyone saw the smiles on our face but only we know the pain hidden behind it

Mahir: Everyone saw the smiles on our face but only we know the pain hidden behind it. I got you and yet you will never be mine. I wish things weren't like this. I still remember the day when we met for the first time.

Flashback

Mahir is walking in a temple while speaking over phone.

Mahir: Yes Mom, I am in the temple. I will do everything you told me to and then only go to office.

Sumitra: Good. Today is your first day at job and I don't want anything to go wrong.

Mahir: I Love you, Maa. Don't worry. Everything will be fine. When you are there with me, how come anything can go wrong?

Sumitra: You are becoming filmy day by day. Don't forget to offer sindur to Maa durga.

Mahir: Ok Maa. Now let me end the call and complete the puja.

Mahir then takes out the sindur and keeps it on the tray with other puja offerings. He gives the tray to the priest and performs the puja successfully.

Priest: This sindur is very powerful and has blessings of Maa Durga. Keep it in your room safely so that you can use it in your marriage.

Mahir: Ok priest.

Mahir sighs and comes out the temple.
Mahir in mind: My mom is so clever. She is made me do all those pujas for my marriage? I thought she did those because its my first day at job. He keeps other things inside the bag. As he is about to close the lid of the sindur, it slips from his hand and falls on the head of a girl sitting just before him on her knee and picking something. She slowly raises her head and takes the sindur box from her head to see Mahir standing there with a shock.

Mahir: I am so sorry ... I didn't see you...

Girl: I am sorry too... My purse fell down so I bent down to pick it up but...

A priest passing by sees them and says, " Its the sign of God. (To girl) I can hear your marriage bells. You will get the best life partner and your life will be filled with happiness. Just accept what you get with your true heart. "

Mahir looks at the priest surprised and then looks at the girl whose head is smeared with the sindur he was supposed to use it for his marriage.

Mahir: I hope you are ok.

Girl: Yes.