5

Bela is sitting in Pari's room and crying. Suddenly she startles seeing someone kept his hand on her shoulder and turns around to see it is Mahir. Seeing her cry, Mahir gets worried.

Mahir: Bela are you ok? What happened? Why are you crying?

Bela wipes her tears and bends her eyes.

Mahir: Tell me Bela. Did anyone say anything to you?

Bela: No... Its just that...

Mahir: Did your parents again force you to accept our relationship?

Bela: Mahirji... No... Its just that...

Mahir: Come with me.

Bela: Mahirji... Let it be...

Mahir doesn't listen to Bela and takes her to her parents' room. He knocks on the door before entering and then enters. He takes their blessings.

Neha: How are you Mahir?

Mahir: I am fine. How are you both?

Vikram: We are good beta.

Mahir: Please I am really sorry for saying this but I think me and Bela have a very nice marital relationship and we don't want to discuss about our personal things with others.

Neha: No Mahir... I was just saying that...

Mahir: If you force her and she listens to you, she won't be happy. Let her remain happy with the way she is. For me, nothing matters more than her happiness. I respect you both because you are my wife's parents. But please let us deal with our personal matters in our own way.

Vikram: Yes... Yes sure... We won't talk about it anymore.

Mahir: I am really sorry once again for speaking like that. Please be comfortable.

Mahir leaves from there and goes to his room. He thinks, " I can die in sadness but I won't let anyone force you. "

Bela: I am sorry Maa. I didn't...

Neha: Our respect towards him has increased, Bela. He married you even after knowing that you won't love him or be his wife in true sense. He is respecting your feelings and fighting for you with everyone. If this isn't true love, then what it is? Couldn't you see his love for you when he spoke with us?

Vikram: We are not forcing you but think about it. He is really nice guy. I think its high time you give him a chance for your relationship.

Bela silently leaves from there and goes to kitchen. She keeps thinking about what her parents told...

" If this isn't true love, then what it is? "

" I think its high time you give him a chance for your relationship. "

Suddenly she hears the doorbell ring and smiles understanding its Pari. She goes and receives her from the door. Pari starts telling about various things happened in the school.

Bela: Pari. We will talk later. Now first we will change and meet your Nani- Nanu. (Grandparents)

Pari: Nani-Nanu came?

Bela: Yes. They are in their room. Come. I will help you change.

Bela takes Pari to her room and helps her get freshen up. She then takes Pari to guest room.

Neha: Awle my baby... Come here.

Pari pouts and nods in no.

Bela: What happened Pari? Go and meet your Nani and Nanu.

Pari: No. I am angry.

Bela picks Pari in her arms and says, " Why baby? What's wrong? "

Pari: They didn't come to my birthday. They promised to bring my favourite toy as birthday gift but they didn't come so I will not talk to them.

Bela chuckles while Neha takes out a gift packet from her bag.

Neha: Pari, you know? Your favourite was not available in the place where we lived. So we had to go to another place and search whole day for it. Then we got your toy. That's why we are one day late.

Pari's face lightens up and she gets excited hearing it.

Pari: You brought my toy, Nani?

Neha: Yes my baby.

Pari jumps from Bela's arms and runs to her Nani. She grabs the gift packet and opens it at once. Seeing her favourite black colour machine gun in it, she jumps in happiness.

Pari: Yayyy.... Yaayyyy... My gun! My gun!!

Neha then bends to the height of Pari and signs to kiss her to which Pari happily kisses on her cheek. She then runs to her Nanu and kisses on his cheek as well.

Vikram: So, did you like it?

Pari: I liked it a lott Nanu. Thank you. (To Bela) Mamma... See my favourite gun. I love it.

Bela: You play with your Nani and Nanu. I will arrange table for lunch.

Everyone sit for lunch and then gossip while Pari is very busy playing with her gun. Bela sees Pari not eating. So she takes her plate and goes near Pari.

Bela: Pari... Open your mouth. Let me feed you.

Pari: Aaaaa...

Bela feeds Pari lovingly. Mahir, who sees Bela didn't eat just to feed Pari, stops eating and waits for her to finish feeding Pari. Bela comes back to her chair and starts eating and then finds Mahir didn't eat much yet.

Bela: Mahirji, why aren't you eating?

Mahir: I was waiting for you.

Bela looks at Mahir surprised and smiles. They both finish their food together. Mahir takes Pari with him to his room while Bela helps the staff clean the dining table.

She goes to Mahir's room and sees them playing. Bela then silently goes to balcony and sits there.

Bela thinks: I am lucky to be your wife Mahir... Even if I could never become your wife.

To be continued...