11

Mahir calls Ruhi and informs her how he convinced his family to go ahead with the marriage rituals of Varun and Bela.

Though upset for Mahir, everyone resume preparing for the wedding of Bela and Varun. Soon the baraat arrives with full dancing and fun. Varun is standing near the altar when Bela arrives in her beautiful lehenga making everyone impressed with her elegant look. They both exchange garlands and then sit on the chairs in the altar. The priest starts chanting the various marriage mantras. Sumitra looks at Mahir who is watching the marriage half-hearted. She goes near him and stands beside him.

Sumitra: I am so much proud of you, Mahir. I know you love your brother a lot but I never thought you love him so much that you didn't care about your happiness in front of his.

Mahir: Of course he matters to me. I didn't love Ruhi. Yeah I liked her and thought of marrying her but if she isn't interested, I can't force her and also I can't let my brother's wedding postponed just because my wedding is stopped.

Sumitra: But today I got to know something different... When I went to...

Priest : Groom's mother should come and tie the gathbandhan of groom and bride.

Sumitra: Yes.

She goes to Bela and Varun and takes the cloth. She places it Bela's shoulder and is about to tie it with Varun's clothes when the police arrives and shouts: Stop the wedding.

Everyone get shocked seeing the constables line up around Bela and Varun and point their gun towards Varun.

Mahir goes to inspector and says, " What is this, inspector? A wedding is going on here and you are interrupting it. "

Inspector: You are Mr. Mahir Sehgal, right?

Mahir: Yes.

Inspector: Your brother, Varun Sehgal had raped a girl yesterday night and today he is marrying another girl.

Everyone fall silent hearing that.

Bela: What?

Varun: What the hell?? How can you accuse me for such a thing? I mean O didn't do any such thing!

Bela: Yes, inspector you must have any wrong information. Please verify. My Varun isn't such guy.

Mahir: One minute Bela. You relax. I will handle.

Inspector: There isn't anything as such that can be handled. ( To Bela ) I am telling you girl. It is better if you don't marry this guy. He is not the right person. The victim herself gave the statement. I need to arrest Varun.

Mahir: But Sir...

Inspector: If you have to say anything, come to police station and talk there. Not here... Got it? Constables, arrest him.

The constable makes Varun wear handcuffs and drag him to their jeep. Bela and Sumitra keep crying and plead them not to take him but the police take Varun in their jeep and go away. Bela sits on the floor crying. Mahir runs to her and holds her. He makes her stand and says, " I will not let anything happen to Varun. Trust me. I am going to the station right now. (To Andy) Dad, call the lawyer and get him meet us at the station as soon as possible."

Andy: I am coming with you.

Mahir: No! Stay here and handle Mom. I will take care of Varun.

Mahir goes to his car and sits in it. He starts it and drives it as fast as possible. But he sees a huge traffic jam on the main road due to a marriage baraat proceedings. So he takes a U-Turn and drives through another route. He sees his phone ringing and lawyer calling so he picks it up.

Lawyer: Mahir Sir, I am about to reach the station. I will talk to the inspector and find out the way to take bail for Varun.

Mahir: Yes please do that. I am coming through a different route so maybe i will be a little late.

Lawyer: Ok.

After few minutes, Mahir receives another call from the lawyer.

Mahir: Yes, did you speak to them?

Lawyer: No Sir, they haven't even arrived yet. The constables confirmed that the inspector of this police station went to arrest your brother but they didn't reach here.

Mahir: What? Oh wait... Maybe they also took the same route because of that marriage proceedings. They might reach anytime now. Please be there.

Lawyer: Sure.

Mahir soon reaches the police station and finds the lawyer waiting outside.

Lawyer: Sir, you came? But where is that police van and your brother? They didn't arrive till now?

Mahir: What the hell? How is that possible? I came through the second route available to reach this place. The first one is blocked by the marriage procession. How can they not reach yet?

Mahir and the lawyer go inside amd talk to constable who agrees to call the inspector.

Constable: Phone is not getting connected.

Mahir: What? Try again.

Constable: Yes.

Constable tries again but it keeps saying the number is switched off.

Mahir: You have the number of other constables who went with that inspector, right? Call them right now. Where are they?

Constable: Please don't make a scene in the police station. Relax. I am trying.

The constable tries two other people's numbers but even they remain switched off. Worried, he asks every one in the station to try to call the policemen who went to arrest Varun. But every number remains switched off. Worried, another jeep is started and two constables start searching for their inspector. Mahir asks the lawyer to stay at the station and he himself starts searching for the jeep which took Varun. The constables inform the police control room and keep on searching for the jeep.
After an hour, Mahir gets a call from one of the constables who went in search of the missing policemen.

To be continued...