20

Varun: I didn't know Bhai treats Pari as her own daughter.

Andy: Nobody will know until we tell them that Mahir isn't the biological father of Pari. He loves her more than anything.

Neha: My daughter is really blessed to get such a good person as her husband.

Varun controls his anger hearing it and says, " Dad, I don't know about other things. I don't care about this society and everything. I really want to marry Bela. "

Neha: But Varun...

Varun cuts her words and says, " I know aunty that Bela is already married to Mahir and they all are a family now etc etc. But I know Bela hasn't accepted Mahir as her husband with her own will till date. And Pari is my daughter. I want to be with my daughter as her father from now onwards. I can't be her uncle when I know the truth. "

Sumitra: But I think we should talk to Bela about this.

Bela, who was returning to the living room after getting freshen up, heard their conversation and realised their intentions.

Bela: Maa, I am not ready to talk about it yet. Please let me get a clarity on what I want and then I will myself raise the topic.

Varun: Bela, but try to understand...

Bela cuts his words in between and says, " You all try to understand that this is not a small decision to take that easily. I really need time. Please don't force me to do anything. "

Varun nods in ok unable to say anything. Bela looks at Sumitra who assures her that its ok. Later, Bela is cooking food in the kitchen when Sumitra enters the kitchen and sees Bela seeming very pleasant.

Sumitra: I am seeing you happy and relaxed for the first time in all these years, Bela.

Bela looks at her and smiles.

Sumitra: But the problem is, I don't know the reason behind your happiness. Is it Mahir or Varun?

Bela: I understand your situation, Maa. I know that no matter what happens, you will be in pain seeing one of your sons suffering.

Sumitra: I pray to God that no mother should face this situation in her life ever.

Bela: And no woman should be in the situation like me.

Sumitra: I understand. Take your own time but please take a decision before you realise its too late to take any decision.

Bela: I know Maa.

Varun comes to the kitchen and sees Bela and Sumitra talking. Seeing him enter, Bela stops speaking.

Varun: Bela ... I was thinking if... We both go to Pari's school and pick her from there.

Bela: That's not needed because Mahirji will bring her.

Varun: But I want to take some of Pari's responsibilities and get close to her.

Sumitra: Varun is right. You should take him to Pari's school and pick her from there. Even they need to interact with each other.

Bela: Maa, I have a meeting to attend in the office today. I can't go with Varun.

Varun: Meeting? I thought you are a housewife.

Bela: I am not a homemaker. I am an equal partner in the company. Usually Mahir handles all the meetings himself but yesterday he told me that even I need to be present today. That's why I am making Pari's favourite food. So that she doesn't feel left out.

Sumitra: If you guys have meeting, how will Mahir receive Pari from school?

Bela: He told he will somehow manage.

Sumitra: Then Varun, you go and bring Pari from school. Then both Mahir and Bela can handle the meeting properly.

Varun: But ... (Tries finding an excuse but fails) ... Fine. I will receive her. I hope the roads and everything aren't changed.

Sumitra: Use the maps. Its easy. Nothing has changed much.

Bela then continues her cooking while Varun leaves from the kitchen controlling his anger.

Varun (in mind): I thought I will get a little privacy with Bela but she has to go to Business Meeting. I think even I should join the company very soon. I will talk to Mahir bhai about it today.

Bela sighs in relief seeing Varun gone.

Sumitra: Bela, do you have any problem with Varun?

Bela: Maa... Not much. But he is trying to impose himself on me without understanding that this whole thing is so much for me to take it.

Sumitra: I know. That's why I didn't force you to go with him. But if you keep avoiding him like that, you will face problem in taking a proper decision.

Bela nods in yes. Soon she finishes cooking and then leaves for the company. She directly goes to Mahir's cabin and sees him working on the laptop. Seeing her, he smiles as a greeting and then continues working. Bela sits on the couch and goes through the meeting key points. After finishing work, Mahir goes to Bela and sits beside her.

Bela: Mahirji, I don't know how to ask you this.

Mahir: Bela, you know you can talk to me about anything.

Bela: But this one is little weird.

Mahir: Its ok. Go ahead.

Bela: Do I have the permission to spend little time with Varun and take a proper decision for my life?

Mahir gets stunned hearing it. He least expected that Bela would raise Varun's topic. But what he didn't expect was her asking permission from him.

Mahir: Bela... Are you serious?

Bela: Why Mahirji? I am sorry if I said anything wrong. I know that we are married and you are my future now and I should respect our marriage but...

Before Bela could continue, Mahir closes her mouth with his hand to stop her from speaking.

Mahir: Ssshhh... I didn't mean that! I meant that you really don't need my permission to do anything which you think you should. Ok?

Bela points at Mahir's hand making him realise he closed her mouth for long. So he immediately moves it away.

Bela: I know you never come between me and my freedom but its my duty and my respect towards our marriage. I can't do something which might hurt you.

Mahir smiles and nods in ok. They both then go to the conference room for the meeting.

To be continued...