10

The wedding dates are fixed. The pre wedding functions... Sangeet and Mehendi functions were held in a grand manner. It was the time for haldi. The grooms were dressed in white kurta pajama and made to sit in the altar.

Varun: Bro, I hate these rituals... I want to kill the people who decided the groom should not talk or see the bride till varmala. I want to literally kill them.

Mahir: Varun... Do you realise you are talking about the people who died centuries ago?

Varun: I know! Still I want to kill them... I am unable to talk to Bela since the Sangeet performance. I so want to talk to her and see her.

Mahir: I understand that... Even Ruhi and Bela must be feeling the same about us.

Varun: I know...

Sumitra comes with a large bowl of turmeric paste along with other ladies.

Sumitra: Finally my sons are getting married today!! I am so happy that I cannot express my happiness in words.

Andy: True Sumi. I am feeling blessed to see this moment....

Sumi takes a small portion of haldi and is about to apply it to Mahir when a huge noise comes from outside. Everybody rush to see what happened and find a car crashed into the gate of Sehgal Mansion. They rush towards the car and then help the people inside it to come down and get surprised to see it's Ruhi's parents.

Mr. Pandey: We are extremely sorry Andy and Sumitra ji.

Mahir: What happened? Is everything ok?

Andy: Yes... Why are you apologising?

Sumitra: Oh no Pandeyji... Please don't apologise for accidentally crashing into the gate. Things happen like this... Please forget about it and come inside.

Mrs. Pandey: After what our daughter did today, we are ashamed to even step inside the house.

Mahir understands the matter and takes a deep sigh of relief while everyone looks confused.

Mr. Pandey: Our daughter suddenly declared in front of everyone this morning that she is not interested in marrying Mahir because she loves some guy named Karan Singhania. We didn't know a single thing about this. That guy came to home and she is adamant in marrying that guy only. I am really sorry for the trouble. We can't force our daughter against her wishes to marry Mahir. ( Walking to Mahir ) Mahir, you are a very nice guy. Our daughter would have been very lucky if she had got married to you. But ...

Mahir: Its ok uncle. I understand your situation. There will be no problem from us. You can cancel the marriage of Ruhi with me.

Mahir signs his parents to say its ok who agree and then break the marriage of Ruhi and Mahir. They all enter the home bacm with distraught face while Mahir receives the text from Ruhi

" Did exactly the same thing you told me to do. Thank you for your help. "

Mahir replies: thanks a lot for your help. Everything is fine. I will handle here the rest. Thanks once again.

Varun: This is really not done. I thought me and bhai will get married today ... But that Ruhi...

Mahir: Varun please... Forgive her... Its not her mistake. Things sometimes don't happen the way we want them to...

Varun: But I know one thing... She is wrong. Anyways, i am calling Bela and telling her that the marriage is not happening today.

Mahir ( angrily ) : What?? Are you mad?

Sumitra: But Mahir how can we get Varun married when you are sad?

Mahir: I am not sad mom. I am ok. Yes, for some days i thought she was my life partner but she chose someone else. Imagine what would have happened if she realised this after marriage? I am happy things got sorted beforehand. And I can't destroy my brother's life because of my feelings or sadness.

Varun: But bhai...

Mahir: Shut up. Did you even think for once what will Bela feel when you tell her today you are not getting married? She might be waiting for your haldi there now and here you are creating all these unnecessary tension. Mom, Dad... I am fine. Please let us resume Haldi ceremony for our Varun.

Andy: He is right. We cannot spoil one son's happiness for the other son.

They make Varun sit on the altar and everyone start applying haldi to Varun. Even Mahir applies haldi to Varun with a smile and assures him that he is fine. Sumitra sends the haldi of Varun to Bela's house.

Mahir: I guess Maa, you and Dad should go there and inform them of the happenings yourself regardless of they are aware of the situation or not.

Sumitra: Ok then I will myself take the haldi and also we will talk to them.

Andy: Mahir is really very much well behaved. We are proud of you Mahir.

Mahir nods ok and then goes to his room. He locks it from inside and then calls Ruhi.

To be continued....