18

Mahir goes to his room and finds Bela sitting there holding her head. He knocks on the door making Bela look at him.

Mahir: Change your clothes or else you will fall sick.

Bela: Mahir! Please stop acting like you care for me.

Mahir gets stunned at the sudden snap by Bela.

Mahir enters the room and goes near Bela.

Mahir: What happened Bela? Why did you say such? Of course I care for you.

Bela: If you had cared for me, then you would have told me what was awaiting for us at the home. You didn't think how much tough it is for me to deal with all this.

Mahir sits beside Bela and then puts his hand around her shoulder.

Mahir: I am sorry. I was not in the right state of mind. I couldn't handle the news myself so I couldn't come up to tell you this.

Bela: And what were you telling me after we got down the car?

Mahir: I... I just ...

Bela pushes Mahir's hand away from her shoulder and says, " You really think what happened was a mistake? "

Mahir: I.... Bela...

Bela: Yes or No?

Mahir: No.

Bela: Then why did you say that you are sorry? Am I a joke to you?

Mahir: Bela... I... You are right. I am sorry. I should not have spoken like that. (Again puts his hand on Bela's shoulder) As I told you before, multiple thoughts were running in my mind at that time. I was happy that my brother is fine and he came back home but... I was confused as to how you will take it. I... I really should not have behaved like that. I am sorry.

Bela: Its fine. I understood it now.

They hear a knock on the room door and see Neha standing there. Behir immediately get up from the bed.

Neha: Bela, you are still in your wet clothes. Change into a fresh dress with you and come with me, now.

Bela: Maa... I...

Neha: Now!

Bela nods ok. Neha waits outside the room while Bela goes into the wardrobe and takes out a dress for herself. She changes into the fresh dress and then goes with Neha while Mahir goes into the closet and changes his clothes.

Bela and Neha go to the balcony.

Bela: Maa, if you brought me here to lecture me about something then please don't.

Neha smiles and hugs Bela. Bela first feels confused but hugs Neha back.

Neha (without breaking the hug): I know what you are going through right now is not a small thing. You have a huge problem around you and you don't have any idea how to deal with it. All I want to tell you is that no matter what happens, I am always there for you. Nothing matters for me more than your happiness.

Tears escape Bela's eyes as she snuggles into her mother's arms and hugs her tighter.

Bela: Thank you so much Maa. It really means a lot.

Neha then break the hug, wipes Bela's tears and pecks on her forehead.

Neha: I never wanted you to face such a situation in your life but now that you are here, I am sure you can deal with it and choose the right path properly. But if you need any help, I am right here with you. Got it?

Bela nods in ok and hugs her mom. Bela then walks back towards Mahir's room when Varun comes to her.

Varun: Bela... Where is your room?

Bela: Means?

Varun: You must have been living in a separate room, right? Where is it?

Bela: No... Why will I live in separate room?

Varun: I searched my room and there is no belonging of you kept so I assumed you stay in a different room.

Bela: And why will I stay in your room? I always stayed in my room.

Varun: Exactly... Which one is your room?

Bela: My room is the same as Mahir's.

Varun: What? Bela you are kidding right?

Bela: What do you mean?

Varun: I mean you don't share the room with my brother, right?

Bela: Why are you thinking like that?

Varun: Come on Bela... He is my brother... How can you stay with him in the same room?

Bela: He is my husband and the father of my child. Of course I stay with him in our room.

Varun: But... But Pari is not Mahir's daughter. Pari is my daughter.

Bela: Mahirji stood with me always. And...

Varun: I understand all these years, you were his wife and all that but now that I am back, you won't be staying in his room right?

Bela takes a deep breath and says " Varun, you coming back will not change the fact that I am Mahir's wife. I am staying in that room. "

Varun: But how can you do that? I mean I...

Bela cuts his words in between and says, " Varun I am really happy that you came back. But lets not complicate things. Please don't force your opinion on me. I can decide what I want to do and what I should do. "

She leaves from there and directly enters Mahir's room making Varun shocked. As he is about to go towards that room, she locks it from inside and takes a deep breath.

Mahir looks at her and asks, " Is everything ok? "

Bela nods yes and tells him what Neha told her. Mahir smiles and then takes a pillow from the bed.

Bela: What are you doing?

Mahir: I am going to sleep in Pari's room.

Bela: Mahirji, have you forgotten already?

Mahir: What?

Bela: Pari took a promise from me that we will sleep with her on the same bed everyday.

Mahir: But how will Varun react to this?

Bela: What? You are worried how will your brother react when you share your bed with your wife and your daughter?

Mahir: I just...

Bela: Mahir, Pari is a small kid. She will be heartbroken if we don't fulfill her small wish.

Mahir: You are right. Come.

Behir lie on each side of Pari and keep their respective hands on Pari's stomach making their hands touch. Both look at each other, smile and then slowly fall asleep.

To be continued...