8

Flashback continues...

In the office, Mahir opens the envelope and looks at the picture of Ruhi.

He looks at the number written at back and calls it.

Ruhi: Hello? Who is this?

Mahir: Ruhi?

Ruhi: Yes.

Mahir: This is Mahir Sehgal.

Ruhi: Ma .. Mahir? You mean you ...

Mahir: Your parents sent your match to my parents for me and asked me to talk to you once before forming any opinion.

Ruhi: Mmm... Can we meet?

Mahir: Yes. Even I want to meet. Today 6 pm at Cafe ?

Ruhi: Sure. Where?

Mahir: Near your office. So that it will be easy for you to travel.

Ruhi: Thank you.

Mahir: See you then.

Ruhi: Yeah.

Mahir ends the call and thinks, " I somehow have to convince her that I am not interested in marriage though she is beautiful. "

He calls and informs Sumitra about him meeting Ruhi at the cafe who becomes very happy and excited.

In the evening, Mahir goes to the cafe and waits for few minutes. Ruhi arrives after sometime and greets Mahir. Mahir smiles back and then Ruhi sits opposite to him.

Mahir: So... What will you like to have?

Ruhi: Mmmm... Cold coffee?

Mahir: Ok.

He calls the waiter and orders two cold coffees for both. The waiter leaves and then both stare here and there awkwardly.

Mahir: Actually... I...

Ruhi: I don't believe I am saying this but this is kind of awkward.

Mahir: Yeah. This is my first time... Meeting a girl alone.

Ruhi: This is my first time to meet a guy my parents chose.

Mahir: Ok...

Ruhi: Let me be frank. I am not at all interested in getting married right now. I just don't see the point of rushing into things yet.

Mahir takes a deep breath of relief and says, " You made this perfectly easy for me. I wanted to meet to say this same line. "

Ruhi (surprised): Really?

Mahir: Yeah... I mean I wouldn't have any problem marrying you if mom had shown me your profile a month ago... But now I...

Ruhi: You like someone... Don't you?

Mahir: Yeah. I do...

Ruhi: Then you should talk about her with your parents. I met Sumitra aunty and Andy uncle. They are very cool. They will have no problem with her.

Mahir: I know. In fact they themselves asked me if I have anyone in my mind before telling me about you. Its just that the girl is in love with someone else.

Ruhi: Oh no! That's so sad!

Mahir sighs and says, " Yeah. She is going to get married to him very soon. "

Ruhi: Then I think you should try to move on in your life. I mean if you focus on your life, you will think less about her and soon you will be over her and then you can wish for her happiness wholeheartedly.

Mahir looks at Ruhi surprised.

Mahir: I don't know why but I think you are right. By the way, why are you not interested in marriage?

Ruhi: I recently had break up and I am not ready to go into a relationship yet.

Mahir: Mmm... Can I ask the reason for your breakup?

Ruhi: Yeah... Actually we had difference of opinion in something and that lead to mutual breakup with understanding.

Mahir: Difference of opinion? About what?

Ruhi: He wanted to shift to US because of his dream job offer but I didn't want to leave India as I want to stay close to my parents. So... You know!

Mahir: That is so sad!

Ruhi: I know.

Mahir: You still love him?

Ruhi: Yes and No.

Mahir: That's a confusing answer.

Ruhi: I love the fact that he chose his career and stability but I hate that he didn't choose me. Even if this thing hurts, we really had a great bond and I do have feelings for him even now.

Mahir: Ok... So we are saying no to our parents. Right?

Ruhi: I don't know... I came here with this perfect thought of convincing you that I don't wanna marry but after meeting you, I feel we do have some vibes matching and I should think about you. But wait... If you want to say No, I will have no objection.

Mahir: You know what, lets be in touch and not give our decision yet. Because even I feel we have some good vibes matching.

Ruhi: Great then. See you.

Mahir: You too. Shall I drop you?

Ruhi: No, I have my car. Bye.

Mahir: Bye.

They go back to their respective homes. Mahir's whole family including Bela was waiting in the hall for him. Mahir understands what they are waiting for.

Mahir: Ok... So we decided to meet more and then give decision.

Sumitra: So it's not a No?

Mahir: Not yet. I don't know how it will turn out but... She is nice.

Bela: Maa I think it is going to be a good news very soon.

Sumitra: Even I feel the same. If its a good news then I will be the happiest.

Mahir: I need to freshen up. I will talk to you all during dinner.

Mahir silently goes to his room and lies on the bed.

Mahir: No matter how much I wanna move on, one look at you and I am done with this moving on concept.

He goes to washroom to freshen up.

To be continued...