Prologue

A friend in need, is a friend indeed.

Have you ever wondered how differently your life would have turned out if you hadn't met a certain person? Right now as I sit in Brockwell Park, basking in the sunshine with my three best friends in the world, I am thinking this exact thought. In actual fact, these three individuals that I sit so comfortably with have indirectly saved my life. So to think of not having met them is quiet a bleak thinking process. To my left is Carina, possibly the smartest person to walk this earth and my voice of reason. Not only is she the biggest dork you will ever come across, but she also happens to look like she fell from a Vogue photoshoot at all times. She stands at 5'9 with olive skin and long blonde hair and the most beautiful green eyes that can calculate your next move before you do.

To my right is Kayla: my over the top, more than extreme yardie personified partner in crime. Quite the opposite of Carina, she is the fun that takes our friendship on such crazy adventures. Short and curvy with beautiful coffee-coloured skin and light brown eyes, Kayla seems to be able to talk her way into or out of any situation.

Lastly, sprawled out across my lap as if it is not baking hot is Rio: my ride or die certified rude boy bonafide protector and all round joker. At 6'3 with his muscelly body, dark brown eyes and sexy waves, he is a ladies man/hustler, but if u didn't get to know him you could mistake him for a typical thug quite easily - but he's a sweetie really. As I sit here, ice pole in hand, listening to Aaliyah blast out on the iPod dock, I can't help but think how little has changed between us considering how much has taken place. But in order for me to show you just how much, I will need to take you back. Bare with me, this might be a loooong story...

Shy by name, shy by nature.

Hi, my name is Chyanne Monroe, but everyone calls me Shy. Reason being I'm so quiet. I guess I should start by telling you how I came to meet the trio I just introduced you to.

Growing up in South London I lived with my dad and 4 older brothers. Being the only girl had its advantages and disadvantages. I guess for the most part life was the same as any other teenager's. My dad works as an electrician with my eldest brother Kieran, and my mum died when I was 4, so too young to remember her. Kieran is 8 years older than me but he acts as if he is older than my dad. Me being 14 and him being 22 meant we had nothing to discuss. After Kieran is the twins Troy and Reece, they are 4 years older than me at 18 and they were at uni at the time, so seeing them was a mission let alone conversing...although we got on well. After them comes Shaun: the prick. 2 years older than me and he thought he was the shit back then. Still does to be honest. At 16 he was the bad seed that constantly caused my dad grief. Although he was naughty and a constant pain in the ass, he was my favourite, and it was through him that I met Rio. So now let me take you back to the 14 year old me...