Chapter 29

Amelia Volkov

It was 6 am on a Sunday morning so I decided to do some workout in our gym before spending the day with my brothers and their friends.

When I finished working out it was already 8 am and time for breakfast. I took a quick shower and changed into black sweatpants and a light blue hoodie I stole from Mateo a couple days ago.

As I reached the kitchen all of my brothers were there already. All of them greeted me as always with a hug and a kiss on my temple.

After breakfast Andrei asked if I would like to do something specific for today and I told him that I would like to bake something together with my brothers.

He was delighted by my idea so we decided to make muffins and brownies.

Andrei, Nikolay and I mixed the batter while Maxim and Mateo washed the used utensils.

We had a lot of fun.
We sang. We danced and we enjoyed each others company.

Ut was about 1 pm when Aiden, Ace, Liam, Hunter and Luca arrived.

Luca and I just don't talk to each other. It's not like I hate him. It just hurts what he did but nevertheless , he is still important to me. I know for a fact that this won't change.

I just came to accept the fact that we probably won't ever be best friends.

The way things are now is just a lot easier, for both of us.

All of us decided that we would spend the day watching movies in the theater room.

I suddenly got a really bad feeling but I chose to ignore it.

We decided to watch all of the Harry Potter movies. We all sat on one of the bigger sofas. I was seated between Aiden and Maxim.

Halftime through the second movie I got a message on my phone.

I checked my phone and saw that it was a message from an unknown number.

Weird.

Unknown number: Hello, my pretty doll. You didn't forget about me, did you? It was very rude of you to block my number, doll. I hope you are enjoying your time with your new found family because soon enough it will be over and you will finally be mine again.

After I read the message my breathing picked up and my heart started to race. With my trembling hands I put my phone back into my pocket.

I turned to Maxim and tried my best to control my voice. "Hey uhm I need to leave"
Before he could even answer me, I stood up and left the room, ignoring his demands for me to stop walking.

As I left the room I fell on my knees and tried to calm my breathing and stop my eyes from tearing up.

Soon after I closed the door it opened again. Aiden was now standing behind me.

"Hey are you alright?" he asked worried.

I didn't answer him. I tried to stand up, still not looking his way. I wished I would have gone farther away so that he wouldn't have found me.

"Amore, look at me" he said as he now was standing in front of me, tilting my head upwards.

"What's wrong?" he asked

I couldn't talk.
I couldn't breath.
I couldn't stop my heart from racing.
I couldn't stop my hands from trembling.

After I gathered some strength I whispered almost inaudible before trying to walk away"I need to go"

My attempt to leave was abruptly stopped by my knees giving in.

Aiden caught me before I hit the ground and picked me up bridal style as he started to walk away from the theater room in a more secluded area.

He sat me down on a nearby sofa and kneeled in front of me. He took my hands in his and placed them on his chest, for me to feel his heartbeat.

He took slow deep breaths for me to follow his leed, which I tried. After some minutes it worked and my heart stopped racing and my breathing got back to normal.

"Please, amore, tell me what's going on so that I can help you" he said as he searched for my eyes.

"I-i can't" I whispered.

He hugged me and positioned me on his lap as he layed my head innthe crook of his neck.

"Yes, you can amore. I'm here to help you, alright?" he reassured me.

"I can't bring my mess into your lives. Not more than I already have. I will only bring pain and destruction into your lives." I whispered with a little determination.

"Amore... You are not alone, ok? I would do anything for you, I promise." he said.

"It's uhm it's someone from my past." I said as I showed him the text I received.

Anger was visible on his godlike face.

"Fuck" he mumbled.

"Do Jay and Damien know about his?" he asked.

"They know about the first text I got but not about this." I mumbled embarrassed.

"This already happened before?" he asked taken aback.

"Yes, some weeks ago. But nothing happened since then." I answered.

"Why didn't you tell your brothers?" he asked now anger lacing his voice.

"I couldn't, ok? I didn't want them to be in any kind of danger. I couldn't bring myself to tell them." I said.

"I need to finish this, ok?" I said confidently now finally looking at him.

I tried to stand up, only to be pulled back into his lap.

"You are not doing this alone, understood? We are telling your brothers and find a way to end this. Together!" He demanded with a finality in his tone which left me no room to argue.

I nodded, accepting his point of view.

He stood up, took my hand and dragged me back to the theater room.

Oh god.

_______________________________________

End of chapter <3

I hope you enjoy reading my story :)