Chapter 2

Amelia Volkov

We arrived at school quite early but I honestly didn't mind at all.

As we walked towards the school entrance, Jay suddenly stopped and I ran into him which made me hiss because of my probably broken ribs. His 6'5 hight looked with some kind of worry in his eyes down at my 5'7 hight.

"Are you ok, baby?" His voice was laced with concern and anger, probably knowing what was wrong.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I drifted off mid answer as flashbacks from yesterday came flooding in my mind.

Flashback

I got home a little late because there were some tiny problems with my target.

I silently prayed that John was out drinking again but my hopes were crashed when I saw the cars in our driveway.

His friends were here.

As I felt a tear run down my cheeks, I quickly brushed it away and composed myself as I opened the front door quietly.

All the conversations from the kitchen died down as one of them noticed me walking up the stairs.

"Ahh, you're back late, my doll" He sneered disgustingly and I saw the amusement in his eyes. A shudder ran down my spine as he looked me up and down.

All of them were now standing behind him, even John. He didn't look angry at all. His face was expressionless at the sight of me.

One of the men came walking towards me as I took small steps away from him. But he was quick to get to me because before I could realize anything that happened, he dragged me down the stairs by my wrist.

I didn't make a sound although his grip was bruising. I knew that if I made any sound it would only get worse.

I stopped fighting a long time ago because it didn't help and it would only weaken me physically.

He dragged me towards the "play room" as they liked to call it. I felt tears run down my face.

I didn't make a sound.

The whole time they had their way with me.

I just layed there, ready to fall unconscious due to the pain they inflicted on me.

"LIA"

I got out of my trance as someone started to shake me by my shoulders. I looked into two pairs of concerned and sad eyes and only then I realized that I was completely lost in my memories of yesterday.

"Hey baby, we lost you there for a second" Jay said softly as he tucked a strand if my hair behind my ears, still keeping his other hand firmly on my shoulder as if he was scared I would disappear if he would let go.

"Oh" was all I could bring out of my mouth.

Damien and Jay just looked at me before we entered the school. There were not many people here at this time which I greatly appreciate.

I don't like people.

I went to grab my books out of my locker and headed towards the classroom I would be in.

History.

I don't mind going to school, I mean I already finished High school early but I needed to be here so John wouldn't be suspicious AND I liked getting out of that hell hole.

Duh.

The day ended quickly and before I could realize it, I was sitting in the backseat of Damien's car.

I completely forgot about that weird feeling I had until we reached the gates to John' s Mansion. The guards were nervous which was new and I immediately knew what's wrong.

There was a cop in front of our front door. Damien, Jay and I looked at each other confused because noone could think of any reason why they were here.

I got out of the car and made my way to the officer. As she sensed me behind her, she turned around and looked sad?

I was just getting more and more confused.

"Hey sweetie, I'm officer Santiago, are you Amelia Volkov?" she had a soft voice and I honestly could listen to her for hours.

"Uhm, yeah that's me, but may I ask why you are here?" I asked hesitantly.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry to inform you but your guardian, John Mayor, had a car accident and was immediately declared dead" she softly explained.

It took everything in me not to smile.
I would look like a total psycho.

I was so happy to know that this nightmare finally ended.

But my happiness was cut short when the rational thoughts flooded my mind.

What is going to happen to me now?
I mean I'm only 17.
Am I going into foster care?
Fuck no.

The officer probably read my mind because she suddenly started to speak "I would like to take you to the police station so we can get a DNA test done, to see if you have any living relatives eho would take you in. Would that be ok?"

"Yes" I stated simply.
Two car doors were being closed and I felt two powerful and intimidating auras behind me.
Clearly Jay and Damien.

"What's that all about?" Jay asked slightly angered but I turned around and looked at him haplily but I tried very hard to sound devastated at the news of John because the officer was still behind me.

"John is dead and they are going to take me to the station to get a DNA test done, to see if there are any relatives who would take me in because I'm still only 17"

Both of the guys looked at me with shocked expression and I could see it in their eyes that they are truly happy for me. Bit they also needed to hide it so I glared at them warningly. Thank the gods, they got the message.

After I said my goodbyes to the two of them, I was headed to the police station with officer Santiago.

_______________________________________

2nd Chapter done

I hope you enjoy reading it <3