Chapter 9

Amelia Volkov

I'm fucked.

Why the hell did I say this.

And how the fuck to I get out of this?

Should I just be honest?

"What do you mean 'just guns and knives'?" Maxim asked confused.

"I- uh I mean it's not the first time I've seen guns and knives" I stated not sure how they are going to react if I tell them about my involvement with the underground.

"Do you know how to handle them?" Andrei questioned.

"Yes" I answered honestly.

"Ok, show us" He demanded.

I just stood there, mouth agape, not sure if he really meant it.

Andrei just nodded, probably seeing the confusion on my face.

And that's what I did. I went to the gun section and chose the glock 17 and made my way over to the firing lines and positioned myself. I checked if the gun was loaded and if the safety switch is off.

I turned around and searched Andrei's face for the last confirmation. He nodded again and I turned to face the target.

I took a deep breath and emptied the first round. All of the bullets hitting the bulls-eye.

It felt so good.

Shooting and throwing knives are my stress relief.

I reloaded the gun and emptied the next round. Completely focused on my breathing and the target, I forgot who was behind me. I emptied the last round and took a deep breath.

I really needed this.

I put the safety back on and turned around to find my brothers staring at me, mouth agape and eyes wide.

I just smiled at them sheepishly. At this point I was really scared about their reaction.

All of them just started laughing.

"Omg, I didn't think she was this good" Maxim

"How the fuck did you to this?" Mateo

"Damn" Niko

Andrei was the only one who didn't say anything, but he didn't need to. As I looked at him, his eyes held sincere pride and adoration. This made my heart swell.

Maxim came running in my direction and hugged me.

"We actually need to talk to you about something" was the first thing Andrei said as Maxim let me go.

I nodded and headed back to the living room with them. We all sat down. Andrei opposite me, Maxim on my left and Niko on my right. Mateo sat down next to Andrei. Both of them were staring at me intensely.

After a long ass uncomfortable silence, Andrei decided to speak up "First, half an hour ago a car was delivered for you" my eyes widen and a smile spread across my face as I was about to go outside and look at my baby but I was rudely interrupted by Mateo "Don't even think about getting up now, we are not done" he stated in a cold voice. This made me sit down immediately.

Andrei cleared his throat and continued "Second, we have some questions for you and we need answers ok? If you are uncomfortable you don't need to answer but we would like to get to know you better."

I didn't now for sure what to say because he didn't ask he said in a tone which meant that there is no room for questions.

His gaze softened as he looked in my eyes and his lips turned slightly upwards, in a reassuring way, as if he wanted to say that I'm safe and that they aren't going to hurt me. I really appreciate it.

"First question, where did you get this car?" Maxim asked excitedly.

I looked at him and released a breath, I didn't know I was holding in.

"I bought it" I answered nonchalantly.

"How did you get this much money?" He continued.

"I worked? How do you get money to afford such a place?" I replied, already knowing the answer, but it was funny seeing all of their faces drop. Hehe

"Next question, why didn't you live with our mom when we picked you up?" Mateo asked.

Do they not know?

"Don't you know? Rosalia died when I was 6." my voice was laced with hate.

They looked quite shocked. I guess they really didn't know.

"Then who did you live with?" Mateo continued.

"Rosalia made sure that I would live with a friend of hers, if anything ever happened to her."
I hope he will just drop the topic... I really don't want to talk about this right now.

Andrei probably saw the look on my face and decided to change the topic "When did you learn how to shoot?"

"When I was 8" I said as if it was the most normal thing.

And yet again, they looked shocked.

"Who taught you?" He continued, intrigued by my answer.

"Noah, Jay's uncle" I lied

"How did you meet them? Jay and Damien I mean." Niko asked.

"I met them in school when I was around 10, they moved to Norways shortly before we met."

I can still remember the day I first met those idiots.

I was about to go inside the school building but I bumped into someone. That someone caught me as I was about to fall. I looked up at him and saw the most beautiful boy I have ever seen. He looked concerned and immediately started apologizing but I cut him off. "Don't worry it was my fault, I didn't look where I was going. Sorry" I quickly said. "Are you new here?" I questioned as I have never saw them before. "Yes, my friend and I moved here a couple of days ago. Ah, by the way I'm Damien and this is Jason." Damien stated. "I'm Amelia. Do you want me to show you around?" Both of them nodded and I helped them to get their schedule. Turns out we are in the same grade even though they were a year older than me, but I also skipped a year so it wasn't that much of a surprise. We quickly hit it off and ever since then we have been best friends.

_______________________________________