Chapter 14

Amelia Volkov

As we arrived at home I was somewhat relieved.

Damien and Jay escorted me to the front door, saying that they didn't want me to be alone.

As I opened the door, my brothers were already waiting for me. They looked angry. Probably because of the two boys behind me. All of my brothers glared at them but Damien and Jay just smirked.

"Hey guys" I nervously said, making Maxim snap.

"What do you mean 'hey guys'? Where the fuck have you been the whole night? Whoring around town or what?" Maxim yelled and I flinched because of the sudden loud voice. Damien and Jay saw it and stood protectively in front of me, making Maxim even more angry.

"Calm down, Andrei knew that she was with us" Damien repeat deathly calm.

"That's true, they told me" Andrei reassured.

"Who the fuck are you anyways?" Maxim sneered.

"These are my best friends Damien and Jay" I introduced.

Andrei came towards us and shook their hands.

"We would like to talk to you for a while" Niko said looking at my best friends.

Damien and Jay looked back at me as I gave them a nod, telling them that it's okay.

"I will be in my room, call me if you need anything" I said as I walked towards my bedroom.

Damien Costa

Andrei and the others (who still haven't introduced themselves) showed us to a room on the third floor.

We sat down opposite of Andrei and the others.

"First of all, let me introduce myself" he started "I'm Andrei Volkov and I'm Amelia's oldest brother. These are my younger brothers Mateo, Nikolay and Maxim." They nodded in greeting as they were introduced by Andrei.

"As you already know my name is Damien Costa and this is my best friend Jason De Luca." I said smirking when they all looked deep in thought at the mentioning of our last names.

"Amelia already told us some things about you guys but we wanna make sure that we can trust you with her. I'm aware that you know her way longer than we do and I hope that you could help us get closer to her. She is the most important thing in our live right now and we have absolutely no clue how to get closer with her." Mateo stated in a sad and regretful voice.

"The easiest way to get closer to her is just to give her time and trust her. Don't push her to tell you anything. When she's ready she will tell you everything you need to know. If you lie to her you will lose all the respect and trust that she gave you. She is a damn smart girl and she isn't as fragile and innocent as you might think. Just trust her." I was shocked at myself because normally I wouldn't talk that much but I know how much Lia needs her family and I really want her to be happy with them.

"Just to be clear. We where there before you guys that means we know her the way nobody else does. It doesn't matter that you are her family. Because for now it's only by blood. Family doesn't mean shit to any of us three. So if you mess up in any way just remember that she would drop you in a heartbeat. We love her to death and we would gladly die if it meant that she would be safe and happy. She is our whole world and if you hurt her I will personally drag you through hell and back." Jay continued, his voice laced with venom.

The guys just looked at us surprised and angry but still somewhat understanding?

"We will take that to heart. Thank you for the advice. I'm glad Amelia has people around her that care so much about her. Thank you for being there when we couldn't." Andrei stated and the other's nodded in agreement. Only Maxim hesitated but nodded nonetheless.

I'm glad we came to an understanding. It makes everything a little easier.

We shook each other's hand after we had some lighter conversations and Jay and I went to Lia's room to check on her. I was worried because of everything that happened yesterday.

As we reached her door, Jay knocked and we entered as we heard a small 'come in'.

I saw Lia just laying in bed comfortably and watching TV.

She opened her arms and moved to the middle if the bed so Jay and I could lay next to her. I rested my head on her chest and slung my hands around her waist while she rested hers on Jay's shoulder who started to play with her hair.

"Soo..." Lia started after a couple of minutes of comfortable silence.

I looked up at Jay and slightly nodded so that he would explain to her what we talked about with her brothers.

Amelia Volkov

"We just gave them a subtle warning and they wanted to know how to get closer to you. They sounded pretty desperate" he smirked at the first part of his explanation.

I looked down to see that Damien had the same expression on his face which just made me roll my eyes at the two.

"What did you tell them?" I asked honestly wanting to now their answer.

"We told them that they should be honest with you and trust you." Damien explained softly.

"Yeah, and that loyalty and honesty means more to you than blood. And maybe that we were here before them so we kinda have a bonus" Jay said sheepishly.

"Well, it's the truth, i'm not gonna lie. But the same goes for you." I said threatingly. They both nodded and we continued watching our movie.

_______________________________________

thank you for reading <3

972 words :)