Chapter 17

Mateo Volkov

When Amelia read the message she got a few minutes ago I saw how tensed she became and how her breath quickened.

Something was wrong.

She excused herself and after silently communicating Jason and Damien followed quickly.

We all wondered what that was about but we just shrugged it off, thinking that she would tell us if she was ready but I couldn't stop worrying about her.

The next morning there was an unbearable awkward tension as Amelia, Jason and Damien entered the room. She had this emotionless mask on and her eyes were dead.

The look on her face made me realize that we knew nothing about her life before we met her. But she probably had a good life, right?

only the thought of her being abu..

no let's not think that.

But her eyes tell a different story

Stop.

It would break all of us if that were true...

She didn't talk the whole time only answering Andrei's question but the way she talked made us all shut up.

I love her so much that it hurts me every time when she treats us so coldly but on the other hand she doesn't really know us so I can't blame her for being cautious.

She informed us that she would stay with Jason and Damien for the night and shortly after they already left. 

While she was at Jason's and Damien's place I didn't function right. My mind was occupied worrying about her safety and her well being. Sure Jason and Damien seem trustworthy and she seems to trust them a lot but she is still my little sister.

She didn't text any of us the whole day so I decided to text her. It was already 11:45 pm. Thankfully she replied. Her answer made me worry less even though the way she texted was as cold as ever.

Amelia Volkov

It was already 6 am as I woke up. I must admit I slept pretty well considering the last couple of days which were pretty stressful and exhausting.

I looked around and saw the best thing ever. It took everything in me not to laugh out loud. Jay's head was laying on Damien's chest while he had his hands slung around Jay's body.

I took a couple of picture for blackmailing purposes. Hehe.

The moment Damien kissed Jay's temple in his sleep, I lost it. I started laughing so hard that my stomach was hurting.

The confused look on their faces as they woke up was even better but the best part was when they realized why I was laughing.

But to be honest it was quite cute how they cuddled with each other.

You know, moments like these are the reason I don't give up. These two idiots are the only thing keeping me going.

As these thoughts cursed through my mind, my laughter died down and I was full-on crying. Suddenly the whole weight of everything that happened until now came crashing down on me.

It was suffocating.

I couldn't breathe.
I couldn't think.
I couldn't speak.
I couldn't move.

Every memory played in my head like a fucking movie. It didn't stop. My whole body began to tremble.

Damien Costa

Even if it was fucking embarrassing cuddling with Jay, it was worth the reaction from Lia. Her laughter was the best thing you could ever experience. It's like you feel this surge of energy within you and everything feels much better.

But the moment shattered too soon. Her laughter turned into a full-on panic attack within a matter of seconds.

I was frozen because it was so sudden. I didn't know what to do. My heart just broke.

"P-please... please m-make i-it s-stop" she repeated again and again between sobs. A tear escaped my eyes at the scene before me.

"P-please" she pleated. Jay was the first to react. He kneeled next to her taking her face into his hands so she would look at him. He started wiping her endless tears and whispered sweet nothings to her.

He placed her hand on his chest, like I did a few days ago, and started to take deep breaths so she could follow his lead.

It took about 20 minutes until her breathing went back to normal but the tears never stopped flowing. Jay picked her up bridal style and carried her to the sofa. He sat down with her in his lap and placed her head into the crook of his neck.

I reached for her hands and traced small circles on the back of her hand. She squeezed my hand for reassurance. After some while she went limp against his body as the exhaustion took over her.

It wasn't until then that I realized that tears were flowing steadily down my face. I quickly wiped them away. Jay gave me an understanding look which I appreciated.

After Jay's and my parents died it was only the two of us. Noah took us in and raised us but Lia was the only reason we kept surviving.

And seeing her like this is pure horror. The first time I felt like this was when she told us what had happened to her.

I wish I could take all of her pain away.

_______________________________________

Thank you for reading <3

Personally I think it's extremely brave and important for men and boys to show their emotions without the fear of being judged.

That's why I will put some scenarios about the boys showing their emotional side.