Chapter 5

Maxim Volkov

I was waiting in the living room with Mateo after we finished getting Amelia's room ready.

"Do you think she will remember us?" I asked hesitantly as I looked over to Mateo, who was sitting next to me.

"I don't know man, she was just 4 years old when our mother took her away from us" Mateo responded with a pained voice at the mentioning of our mother.

Our conversation was cut when we heard the front door opening.

We looked ar each other, eyes filled with anticipation and joy.

We ran, literally ran, to the door bit were disappointed when we could only see our two brothers.

"Where is she?" Mateo and I asked at the same time.

Andrei stepped to the side and there she was. She truly looked like an angel. She was about 5'6 or so. Her long beautiful hair and eyes had the same color as the rest of us.

But there were no emotions whatsoever in her eyes. They almost looked lifeless. This took me by surprise but I covered it fast so noone would notice.

Mateo was faster than me, because before I could even realize it he already was hugging her but she looked so uncomfortable even scared for some reason? After some time she relaxed into his embrace which made me smile.

The last 13 years without her were terrible. She was our happiness from the moment she was born. She was the sweetest girl you could ever imagine. It was so peaceful having her around. But when our mother decided to take that happiness away from us, everything changed dramatically. Our father died 2 years after Amelia and mother disappeared because he couldn't handle loosing his little ангел.

(angel)

We were devastated because we didn't loose our mother and baby sister but also lost our father. Andrei was only 17 years old when he had to take over the mafia and had to take care of us. I was glad that our uncles and aunts were there when they could but it was so goddamn hard for all of us.

Andrei, Mateo, Nikolay and I always supported each other and we just always had this special bond since we only could rely on ourselves. It was hard for us to keep it together but we somehow managed.

I still can't believe that after all the heartbreak and broken hope that she was standing in front of me again.

It felt so unreal but so damn good.

I hesitantly made my way over to the others until I was standing right in front of me. "Hey" was all she said and I felt tears run down my cheeks at the sound of her voice. I immediately hugged her, afraid that she will dissappear again if I let go.

She grew up so much.

No shit sherlock.

Oh shut uo and let me have this moment.

Whatever.

After some while I let go of her to have a proper look at her.

моя красивая младшая сестра

(my beautiful little sister)

Mateo Volkov

The first time I locked eyes with her all bottled up emotions of the last 13 years came crashing down and it took everything in me not to have a complete breakdown infront of my siblings.

After I hugged her all I could think about was that I would give my life away to keep her safe and sound.

I made that promise the first time I looked at her when she was born. Sadly I couldn't keep it but this time I would do anything and everything for her.