Chapter Twenty Six - October 20, 2019 [✔]

Penelope and I were in the archive room in the library

Penelope and I were in the archive room in the library. She made a highlight reel of the footage from the mini camera in the necklace. She thanked me over and over again for successfully completing the mission. She pulled me in close and wouldn't let go.

"Can't breathe," I inched backwards.

"Sorry," she dropped her arms to her side. "I'm excited! I knew you would come through!"

"And?" I said.

"Since you scratched my back, I'll scratch yours. Hit me with it."

I took a deep breath and used the wall to steady myself. "Milo Chloros' sexuality,"

Three minutes passed.

Not a word uttered.

You broke her.

You broke The Archivist.

"Sorrryy, had my thinking cap on." She opened her database on the computer. I'd only seen it twice. The database stored information on every student in our grade level. It resembled my Potential Acquaintances List I'd made in my head but on a much larger scale.

She clicked on a folder called Milo and it brought up all of his socials and sticky note icons. Someone took incredibly detailed notes on him. Before she closed it, I caught a glimpse of 50 sub folders. His school schedule, his work schedule, his soccer practices, his club meetings, his gym visits.

A chill ran down my spine. The information she collected could be used to pinpoint his exact location at any given time. How deep did it go? I was half-scared and half-impressed.

She ran a program on the computer. I wasn't well versed in computer science and couldn't tell what language it was in. In bold letters, the screen read, Cloud Soren.

She spoke more to herself than me. "I knew it! To get to Milo I need to get to Cloud. Cloud is promiscuous. Promiscuity. Promiscuity means flings!" She clapped. "Okay, one of his recent flings. Naomi? Nina?"

It was incredible how the computer responded to her queries, like they were having a conversation. It was almost as if I'd stepped into an episode of "Black Mirror". The computer displayed information on Nadia Montez.

Nadia Montez

TLDR:

Hooked up with Cloud Soren on 10/18/2019

Mathlete

click here to view more

"You can do it?" I asked.

"Give me three days."

Three days and I would know.

If he was straight, then Wyatt had no chance and could be let down easily. It would hurt, as unrequited crushes do, but I would be there to ease his broken heart. He'd move on. Find someone else to love.