Chapter Fifteen - September 29, 2019 [✔]

During study hall I crept onto the roof of the school. Excessive thoughts eroded my peace. I needed a quiet place to be and the library was full of whispers.

As a reformed slacker, there was no way I could've known how much time people put into their education. I watched Zeriah excel my entire life. She made it look as easy as T stop. Effortless.

I gained more respect for Gold Listers. Classes were caves with deadlines as stalagmites. Dropping out of nowhere with deadly aim.

On the brightside, I developed a newfound love of classical music. 

Debussy was a funny name.

No explanation needed. 

Reverie was brilliant. The notes tickled my brain in a good way.

Junior year was nothing like freshman or sophomore year. Things mattered. These were the grades going on my transcript and being sent to colleges next summer. It all counted.

I held my head in my hands wishing time would stop. Or slow down at least. I was the worst kind of liar. One who lied to herself.

I assumed schoolwork would be the best distraction for my ailment. I didn't consider all of the variables in the equation.

I told myself to be careful when getting close to Kenna but I wasn't. I reminded myself that ignoring Milo in the hallway was for my own sake but it wasn't. My mind and my heart battled each other hour after hour.

This torturous ordeal forced me to recognize an undeniable truth.

I was fucked.