Chapter 6.1 - July 22, 2019 [✔]

The front door creaked. I stood behind the spiral staircase, half-hiding half-snooping. Mom invited her client to our house???? Wasn't that a breech of privacy?

I texted Wyatt.

Messages

Me: her client is here!?!??!
Me: she invited them to our house
Me: without telling us 🤬🤬
Me: i-

Wyatt: business brunch
Wyatt: got it
Wyatt: clean room?

Me: why?

Wyatt: trust me

Me: clean-ish

Wyatt: i can't survive business brunches w/o a few edibles 🤪

Me: 👀

Wyatt: kidding

Me: conversation topics???

Wyatt: school

Wyatt: plans for university

Me: she didn't
Me: fucking
Me: tell US

Wyatt: good luck

Wyatt: you're goooood

Wyatt's had experience in this field. Mr. Maganlith, his father, brought him into the unique world of business owners and their clients lived in. Social anxiety was a burden, but I knew I could count on Wyatt to ease my worries.

I stepped out of my hiding spot.

Lively voices and heavy footsteps entered our home. A short blonde woman wearing a hand-knitted sweater walked into the kitchen with an even shorter brown-haired woman with a blazer on.

Mom introduced us, "Zaydence, this is Missus and Missus Chloros, my client's parents,"

These aren't the clients?

Chlorox?

Chloros???

No.

No.

FUCK!!!

"Nice to meet you," I said with a clenched jaw.

Milo entered the foyer. He wore an ironed dress shirt, and slacks. He copied my outfit. It was my first idea when Mom yelled from downstairs 'business casual!'.

She led them around the staircase, through the hallway into the dining room. I followed suit.

HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO YOU?

MILO IS IN YOUR HOUSE!!!

MILO!

THAT MILO!

"Ohhh, you skate?" He pointed to a picture on the shelf beside the dining room table. In it, I was rollerblading backwards. Fun fact, it was taken the exact moment before I fell.

"Rollerblade," I refused to look him in the eye. I was unprepared for his arrival. Shivers didn't run down my back, they fucking sprinted.

I was supposed to be schmoozing Mom's clients to make her look good. The sole purpose of a business brunch was to schmooze. I didn't want to schmooze Milo.

"I picked up skateboarding in my free time," He tied his hair back.

Oh my Alurozor.

Those kind brown eyes were in full view. Smile lines at the sides of them.