Chapter 18.2 - October 6, 2019 [✔]

Zeriah's POV

Zeriah's POV

People watching was a habit of mine. It wasn't for the usual reasons. I watched people to understand the multitude of human expression, not to catch them picking their buggers when they thought no one was looking.

It was incredible how each person experiences the same thing in a unique way. Beautiful. I could inspect strangers like subjects in an experiment without guilt.

I couldn't do the same for my loved ones. I tried my best not to, but they were to be psychoanalyzed by professionals and not by me.

I wasn't a therapist.

Yet.

Like I said, I tried my best. But no one was perfect. I slipped up too.

Mom woke up first. From my bedroom window, the sun room was in full view. She fused herself to a loveseat, pushed her face against one of Dad's quote pillows and screamed.

I yanked the curtains closed.

That moment belonged to her.

I wouldn't encroach.

She deserved her privacy. It wasn't up to me to understand the intricacies of her psyche. She wasn't my subject to observe. She wasn't a subject at all.

I checked my watch again and again but the numbers wouldn't budge. They were frozen.

One thing didn't sit right with me. Why listen to Zayde and not me? She didn't give a fodd about healing. She didn't care about The Work. I begged Mom and Dad to talk. Why didn't they listen to ME?

Be patient. They have their reasons.

My air diffuser hummed in the background. Traces of essential oils coated the air. I took a deep breath pushing all of my expectations out in a long exhale.

This wouldn't be a sitting-at-the-campfire-singing-kumbaya moment. They would have to dig deep and trust the process. There would be pushback, I anticipated.

Flipping through my binder with precision it occurred to me that once we took this step, there was no turning back. I waited for this moment for years. Once we opened that Pandora's box we could never go back. 

I took a break from thinking, my brain needed a rest. It worked nonstop this morning. I settled into a soft slumber.