DAMIAN(8)

Lucia came out to greet her husband with Evangeline in her arms. Evangeline stretched out her little hands to Hugo, happy to see him.

"Papa."

Hugo took Evangeline into his embrace and pecked her on the cheek, then he wrapped an arm around his wife's waist and lightly kissed her lips.

"You must be tired from the carriage ride all day? You haven't had dinner yet either." (Lucia)

"What about you?" (Hugo)

"I waited to have it with you when you came back."

"I told you not to wait when it's late."

"It's not that late. You should stop by your office first. Your aide has been waiting for you for a while now. I think it's urgent."

Hugo returned his daughter to his wife and headed for his office. Lucia turned away from her husband's retreating back and gave Damian a bright smile.

"Damian, welcome home. You must be tired, right?"

"Have you been well, mother?"

"Wow, my son had already grown so much taller. Alright, let me hug you."

Lucia gave Evangeline to the nanny and gave Damian a big hug. He was now so tall and big that Lucia couldn't wrap him up in her arms anymore. Going from holding a soft baby girl to hugging a boy with a sturdy frame, made her feel his growth more distinctly and she felt emotional. She felt like he was growing up so quickly.

"Bobba. Bobba." (T/N: She's trying to say Oppa, I think.)

Evangeline, who was with the nanny, excitedly reached for Damian when she saw him.

"Looks like Eve is excited to see her older brother. Say hello."

Damian took Evangeline into his arms as the nanny handed her over and Evangeline clung tight to his neck with her short arms. Damian supported her with his hand and held his small, soft little sister firm. She had the sweet smell of a baby, mixed with the smell of milk. His heart grew warm and it finally hit him that he had really come home. He was thrilled that his sister hadn't forgotten him even though he hadn't seen her in a couple of months.

"Who did you come with?"

"He's my friend from the academy. I invited him."

"Oh my, a friend?"

As soon as the Duke of Taran who seemed like he could kill someone with his eyes alone left, Chris watched the figure full of warmth with wonder, then he bowed towards the Duchess.

"Greetings to the Duchess. I am Chris Philip."

"Ah, we have met before. I'm glad to meet you again as Damian's friend."

Lucia sweetly received the greeting with pleasure. Chris was amazed that both the Duke and the Duchess remembered him even though he had only greeted them once about a year ago.

'Maybe my impression is so strong that people can't forget me once they see me.'

Chris' confidence was boosted with his delusion.

"You both must be hungry. Damian, can you take your friend up to your room? I will call you when the food is ready. Do you want me to take Eve?"

"No. I'll watch Eve."

"You'll do that?"

Damian took Chris to his room with Evangeline in his arms. As soon as the door to the room closed, Chris sighed heavily as if he was letting out the breath he had been holding.