Chapter 32 Damian

"It's a pleasure to meet you for the first time. My greetings are late, I am Damian."

Damian approached the Duchess and bowed his head, keeping an appropriate distance.

"Ah...nice to meet you."

Damian glanced sideways at her when she replied in a gentle tone.

'Is she too shocked that she can't understand the current situation?'

There was no hostility or disgust in the amber colored eyes of the Duchess. Maybe she was yet to put her emotions in order or she was a high-level actress. Damian couldn't decide yet.

Her appearance alone was different from the image he had pictured. He had imagined a lady filled with the pride and gracefulness of a princess. She looked more like she was filled with innocence and gentleness, than pride and gracefulness.

He couldn't understand why Ashin had answered evasively when he asked him if she was pretty.

'But she is pretty...'

"Milady, the young master just came back from a long carriage journey and mentioned he would like to rest." (Jerome)

"Ah. He should get some rest. I know how exhausting a carriage trip can be. It's around the time for lunch, has he eaten?" (Lucia)

"...He's not in the mood for it."

"Even so, he can't continue to have an empty stomach till evening, he's at the prime of his growth. Steward, have them prepare something easy on the stomach and bring it out. For dinner too, prepare something that digests easily."

"Yes, Milady."

The boy who had been silently staring at Lucia, bowed his head and followed a servant. When the boy had gone far enough that he wouldn't see her, Lucia grabbed her reddening face with both hands.

'Oh my goodness! So cute!'

He was a mini Duke! He was the childhood of the Duke that Lucia had not seen. It wasn't just his appearance but his stiff and cold expressions were practically a carbon copy.

"Milady...?"

Jerome was worried that her Grace would be shocked but when she turned her head, her eyes were twinkling.

"You said he was eight, right Jerome?"

"That is correct. The young master was born with an uncommonly huge physique."

"I see...Indeed, I don't think it would make any sense if his son was small."

"Are you...okay?"

"What?"

"...No, nothing."

"He's a much cuter child than I expected. Looks kind too."

"...yes???"

The word 'cute' was definitely not a word that matched the young master. It may have during his early childhood but definitely not now.

And kind? Where did she see that? The young master resembles the Duke in looking like he wouldn't bleed even if you stabbed him. Her Grace's eyes were questionable. (1)

"If I say I want to have dinner together, would it be uncomfortable?" (Lucia)

"...If Milady isn't uncomfortable, then..." (Jerome)

"Uncomfortable indeed. I'm looking forward to dinner tonight."

Jerome watched as the Madam left the receiving room cheerfully then fell into deep thought. The Madam had the completely opposite reaction that the normal person would have.